Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mouse and keyboard fault

• 10-06-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Have a dell computer maybe 5 years old that i aquired recently and have it hooked up to the tv for watching movies and that.

When i start up the computer it will load up to a screen with windows xp installation wizard and both my mouse and keyboard wont work although the num lock light is on. i have tried the mouse in the p2 port and usb ports and it still wont work.

any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Keyboard in the mouse Ps2 slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Keyboard in the mouse Ps2 slot?

Yeah, they're usually colour coded those PS2 ports.

And you might want to have a browse through the BIOS settings too.
    See if the USB ports are enabled.

As a rule the USB ports at the back of the computer are more reliable as they are mounted directly on the motherboard.
    If you are using the front USB ports, they are on the PC case and connected via a wire. I've always found front USB ports to be unreliable especially with high speed USB 2.0 devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Check that the pins on the connector are ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

IF ITS PS2 mouse, buy a usb mouse, you may have the mouse plugged into the keyboard port.
    USB mice cost 10euro approx.Its easy to break the pins on a ps2 connector by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ive tried a Ps2 mouse and usb mouse(in all 6 ports) with no look.

My keyboard will work(entering bios) but once windows loads up it will not work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

I fixed my pals pc, had the same problem, turns out a virus had just wiped the windows keyboard FILES , and windows KEYBOARD drivers files, i copied em over from another pc with the same os , see here.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747
    it,ll check if theres windows files missing.
    see here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic20764.html
    see mauds post 4-16-2006.
    or uninstall the keyboard, mouse from device manager, reboot,
    then from ,device manager scan for hardware changes.EG ADD NEW HARDWARE, scan for new hardware.
    it should reinstall the keyboard and mouse drivers from hd driver cache.

Advertisement