Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

cheapest way to get sound to earphones

• 10-06-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for the cheapest way of getting sound from an xbox 360. I picked up a cheap second off adverts to bring into work so I can play it on my lunch break. So got a cheap VGA cable connector to connect it to the monitor however now I need away of getting sound from the red and white cable.

So anyone know either a cheap set of speakers that would accept the stero conenctor (which I can then plug in earphones) or know an adapter to connect it to a set of earphones. Any other suggestions welcome

edit also have an optical cable if anyone has cheap solutions for that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi,

I'm looking for the cheapest way of getting sound from an xbox 360. I picked up a cheap second off adverts to bring into work so I can play it on my lunch break. So got a cheap VGA cable connector to connect it to the monitor however now I need away of getting sound from the red and white cable.

So anyone know either a cheap set of speakers that would accept the stero conenctor (which I can then plug in earphones) or know an adapter to connect it to a set of earphones. Any other suggestions welcome

edit also have an optical cable if anyone has cheap solutions for that

You can buy a lead that converts red/white to a line in jack. Guess you could plug that into something else with speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hi,

I bought cheap PC speakers from PC world one time when I was using a monitor...worked fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i presume you can get a stereo to 3.5 female adaptor, but ive not seen one that i remember.
    you can certainly get a stereo to 3.5 male. then use a female to female 3.5 cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5125

Will allow you to use earphones or any set of speakers with a 3.5mm jack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

If ive understood you right, you will first need one of these: http://img.alibaba.com/photo/250967031/Gold-Plated-3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-to-2-RCA-Phono-Socket.jpg

This should have come with the VGA cable. You plug the red and white audio cables into this.

Then you will need one of these, and plug the 3.5mm jack from the above item into one of the ends of this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390175498185&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This will allow you to plug your headphones straight into the other end of the jack in that adapter without the need for a stereo or whatever. But controlling sound will be done in game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement