Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do all of people fail collage and miss out on other things

• 10-06-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

i failed collage despite my effort i put in a lot i had repeat leaving cert twice.
    some people can do 6 and 7 years of collage i could n,t even complete the 2n year.i feel inadequate to other people who do. have masters and bsc(hons)
    who had the points and ervy thing.it really depress me i had learning difficulty which take as been lazy which isn,t true.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

This post has been deleted.
    thanks that doesn,t help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

ladylouise wrote: »
    it really depress me i had learning difficulty which take as been lazy which isn,t true.

Its a bit late now but maybe for future reference if you decide to give college a go again - there are support facilities available to students with learning difficulties such as one-to-one tutorials. Make sure, if you try again, that you let the college know your circumstances and they will do their best to accommodate you and help you get to the finish line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

My brother spent one day in college, handed back his student card, went and got a trade as a mechanic.

I went to college and hated it, i got my Honours degree.

We are both working away, he comes home stinking of oil and grease and he is much happier than i am.

You shouldnt feel like a failure, theres all types of achievements, would you have rathered went through 4 years of college and felt meserable than went out and enjoyed yourself?

Anyway you have all your life to go back to college, thats the beauty of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I don't mean to be rude but judging by the way you write, you don't seem to take the time to read over what you typed. Your sentence structure, spelling, punctation and grammar are all dreadful. Slow down. Take your time and always check and double check everything.

• Advertisement

cronin_j wrote: »
    My brother spent one day in college, handed back his student card, went and got a trade as a mechanic.

I went to college and hated it, i got my Honours degree.

We are both working away, he comes home stinking of oil and grease and he is much happier than i am.

You shouldnt feel like a failure, theres all types of achievements, would you have rathered went through 4 years of college and felt meserable than went out and enjoyed yourself?

Anyway you have all your life to go back to college, thats the beauty of it.
    yes i would because i would passed i,d be happy instead being failure all my life.other people are success i know one guy he did 6 years of collage he never repeated a year or exam,how that for .he success in every area of his life but i don't have any ant at all i missed out on social life and failed my exam in to bargain.i try very hard i get no where i put huge effort in area same fail and rejected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

ladylouise wrote: »
    yes i would because i would passed i,d be happy instead being failure all my life.other people are success i know one guy he did 6 years of collage he never repeated a year or exam,how that for .he success in every area of his life but i don't have any ant at all i missed out on social life and failed my exam in to bargain.i try very hard i get no where i put huge effort in area same fail and rejected.

I think you might get more of a better response in the Personal Issues section, seems theres more here than just college thats getting you down.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hi OP,

The feelings you are going through right now, don't let it get you down but instead let this feeling drive you to success. True college isn't for everyone, I hate college but I know at the end of the day its all about the papers.

Don't get yourself down because its only going to make things worse. You have the drive to do well so use it and push yourself. I dont know you but I believe in you. You know your weekness now you have to fix it.

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Hi OP,

The feelings you are going through right now, don't let it get you down but instead let this feeling drive you to success. True college isn't for everyone, I hate college but I know at the end of the day its all about the papers.

Don't get yourself down because its only going to make things worse. You have the drive to do well so use it and push yourself. I dont know you but I believe in you. You know your weekness now you have to fix it.
    can fix that.i,d say i was born dense and stupid.if smart person like every one eles my life be million time better.like more person of IQ 110-115. normal i,d be better off some way or another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

With that attitude no. You need to change it :). You don't have to go to college to be successful, but you do need positivity! If you dont believe in your self how can anyone believe in you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

OP are you Irish or a foreign national? I assume you're Irish but I find it very hard to understand what you're saying, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk. What I mean by that is you should learn to make what you write more presentable as you would get nowhere in College with grammar like that. Maybe start off with a few classes in that instead of trying to skip steps and go straight to college.

By the way, I left college twice, it really isn't for everybody.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hi OP,
    This isnt the right forum to discuss this, so I'm going to close this thread.
    As a piece of advice, maybe speak with a careers advisor who can help you to find something you like.
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement