Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

uploading from camcorder

• 10-06-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I have recently bought a Toshiba Camileo S20 and have a 4gb SD card for memory. I want to upload video from it onto my PC so that I can make DVDs.
    I can't figure out how to do it!!
    When I connect via usb cable it doesn't automatically upload pictures and video to my computer.

Can anyone help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

Connect USB cable and power up camcorder. Go to "My Computer" the drive should be listed there as a removable device.
    Did you check the manual that came with your camcorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭normanbond

The device shows on 'my computer' but the videos on the SD card inside the camcorder doesn.t appear on the device details.
    The videos play back ok on the tv when using a hdmi cable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it showing as a new drive letter?

the camcorder is showing in Drive:G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

just put the sd card in your computer maybe?

some camcorders need the software that comes with them installed to be able to gt at the videos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

OK so it looks like the video files are encoded in a strange codec.
    Apparently VLC player can handle the video files but you need to use the video converter provided on the CD as per stcstc's suggestion.

i found the solution!!
    the camcorder doesn't automatically upload images onto the pc like a digital camera that i have.
    when you view the camcorder on 'my computer' i was only looking in drive:G - that where all the system info was.....
    What i didn't realise was that the sd card registered as a seperate drive in 'my computer' and that's where all the bleedin images were!!!

I was so peed off with not finding my videos on Drive:G that i forgot to look at the other drives on 'my computer'

Plonker!

thanks for all the help anyway.................

Advertisement