Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Late To Get A 5770 ??

Options
  • 10-06-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

I was planning to get an ATI 5770 back last October but between one thing and another I didn't get around to it . Now I am looking again and it is 9 months later , they have actually gone up in price , and I am wondering if they are still THE budget card to get or should I hold on for something just around the corner ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

well for the price, theyre the best for price and support for DX11, however if you can get an nvidia 260 or ATI 4870/4890 much cheaper and youre satisfied with sticking on DX10 then go for that.

Theres nothing on the horizon in that price range, ATI's refresh in the 6XY0 series isint due until Q4 this year at the earliest but probably Q1 next year, Nvidia just released the 465 but its around the price of a 5850 last i read, they might refresh in 6 months, but again the price will likely be high still.

Advertisement