Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skills-Swap Galway City

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fractal27

Cool idea.

Offer:

I am a qualified Science and Maths teacher. I can offer JC and LC grinds in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics or just if you wanna learn some science/maths :)

I have a Biochemistry degree so can offer up to 3rd level Biology topics (biochem, genetics, microbiology, immunology etc. if its 3rd level bio stuff chances are I've done it).
    Also know some 3rd level chemistry and physics but it would depend on the topic.

Really into sports and fitness and not afraid of some manual labour :)

Wanted:

Java programming
    Driving lessons

Contact me: [email]<no mails in forum, PM only>[/email]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Liebknecht

Hey, I´m Irish, thinking of moving to Barcelona in 2013, (just coming back after being in BCN since September), and I was hoping to find someone who could help me learn a little Catalan.

In return, I could help you with English or show you around the city and stuff.

I have absolutely no Catalan right now, so Im just hoping to learn the basics!

(24 year old guy in case you were wondering, would prefer partner in their twenties aswell)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

jasmee wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm an Spanish girl living here in Galway and I'm looking for some language exchange for improve my english and for help you with your spanish!

I know there are lots of people who are learning spanish here, just give the chance for improve a bit more!!

Thanks! enjoy!

There's a Language Exchange group which meets at Kelly's Bar on Monday nights at 8 http://www.facebook.com/GalwayLingo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Liebknecht

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elvisgirl16

I am a qualified hairdresser with 18 years of experience, will swap haircuts happily..

Would love to swap for lawn mowing of our super teensy weensy postage stamp sized backyard....or somebody to come and dig the dirt up to make a little garden along the back wall (it is just your typical estate sized wall)..I am open to other swaps as well depending on what you suggest, one never knows what one is missing in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Lacha

...with my 6-year-old son and looking for company. My son will be going to Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh.

...le mo mhac atá 6 agus tá muid ag lorg comhluadair. Beidh mo mhac ag dul chuig Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh.

Looking for:
    I would love an adoptive Gran (Leihoma as it's called in German) for my son as we have no family close by. I'd love to meet German-speaking families so that my son can practise his German and of course Irish speaking families. Walks along the promenade or in Barna woods.

Can offer:
    Can share my skills in languages - fluent Irish, German, very good French. Music, singing. Also pretty good on the computer if you need help. Or I can cook you a meal. Leaving Cert German/French grinds in exchange for babysitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Creaven

Hi i'm looking for German lessons in exchange for English lessons but I also have power tools so general handyman stuff i can do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

hi id like to learn spanish if there's anyone out there who wants any electrical work done or diy, putting together stuff :). ive fluent english & irish aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I can offer: Java Programming, Guitar Lessons (Beginners)
    I'm looking for: Thai Boxing, Martial Arts or anything that qualifies as Self-Defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

offer: java programming, dog sitting, dog training, guitar classical beginner to acoustic intermediate lessons

wanted: while at work I would like cleaning done for 1 to 2 hours a week??

pls pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭grosser

Looking for: photoshop, video editing, web design, creative writing, leather work.Beginner levels for all.

Offer; archery, self defence

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

isn't there a skills trade page for galway? can someone linky me please?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

there is, i'll find it and merge it with this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

^^^cheers

not really a skills swap but could be worth something to the right person

im looking for a photographer to take photos of the golf course i work in. the photos must be of professional quaility as i need to use them for the website. in return i can offer free membership up to the end of 2014 (worth almost €1500). while i may not need a full time professional any aspiring amateurs must have a good portfolio available to view.

if you think you are this person, or think you know this person, then please get in touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Check the 'photos of Galway' thread on this forum. There are a couple of members who might be interested but might not be checking this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Looking for someone to do ebooks for my company and also looking for someone to video and edit workouts at my gym
    Can offer personal training, nutrition, programming and classes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 greendrop

Looking for driving lessons (with experience driver) in my own car in exchange for cooking (once a week and I cook great lasagna, moussaka, curries etc) :pac:
    or I could offer dog minding/walking and some polish lessons!

Looking for Pet Minding with other dogs, or walk / swim to beech, Can offer, driving lessons / Dog Training classes / programming / software dev grinds.

greendrop wrote: »
    Looking for driving lessons (with experience driver) in my own car in exchange for cooking (once a week and I cook great lasagna, moussaka, curries etc) :pac:
    or I could offer dog minding/walking and some polish lessons!

Still looking? A meal would be great! Or babysitting? Send me a private message if you're still interested. :-)

A friend of mine who is a childminder is looking for accommodation in Galway (centre/Salthill/Knocknacarra/Westside) in exchange for babysitting at night and house cleaning. She has worked as an aupair in Galway and can provide references, also from her previous house share. Please send me a private message if you can help. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Looking for Pet Minding with other dogs, or walk / swim to beech, Can offer, driving lessons / Dog Training classes / programming / software dev grinds.

Hi, do I get it right you are looking for someone to walk your dog? How frequent and for what times would you be looking? I really like dogs but I am not in the position to have one right now so walking one occasionally (would be outside office hours) would be nice. I'm not looking for much in return really. I would like to learn more about how to make a blog look good so if you could give me pointers there that would be great.

Dutchess wrote: »
    Hi, do I get it right you are looking for someone to walk your dog? How frequent and for what times would you be looking? I really like dogs but I am not in the position to have one right now so walking one occasionally (would be outside office hours) would be nice. I'm not looking for much in return really. I would like to learn more about how to make a blog look good so if you could give me pointers there that would be great.

Thanks. I'm really looking for someone in office hours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

Is this still active? I'm a web developer in Galway City Center.

I can offer:
    PHP (Beginner / Advanced), MySQL, Sass/Scss & Compass, WordPress, WordPress Theme / Plugin Development, Git & Github, Photoshop (Beginner / Advanced) and/or Laravel (Beginner) lessons.

I need:
    Javascript & jQuery lessons. More someone to keep me on a linear path. My goal would be to get to a point where I can comfortable write a small straightforward jQuery plugin and debug existing scripts from Firebug/Chrome. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 galway18

I don't know if people are still using this thread, but

I can offer: Piano Lessons (Beginner/Intermediate), Voice Lessons (Beginner), German/Swahili (Beginner), Dog walking (during office hours)

I need: Driving Lessons

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement