Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mortal Kombat game announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But I thought MK was all about the CHEEEEESE :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But I thought MK was all about the CHEEEEESE :confused:

It was all about being awful.

If another game makes it to market they do need to reinvent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

From what I've read the next game is going to be completely reinvented and they are pushing the gore factor through the limits in an attempt to return to its roots and leave the supernatural stuff behind.
    To be honest that trailer looked a bit interesting, at least compared to most other movies based on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Lads this looks like a hollywood blockbuster compared to the legend of chun li! Who knows this might actually be not half bad, it certainly looks better than 99.9% of video game to movie conversions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

mk game is **** but the characters etc are cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Everyone here watched and enjoyed the first Mortal Kombat movie. If you say otherwise, the next time I see you, you'll see nothing but a look of dissapointment upon my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think Scorpion was Ian Anthony Dale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Okay. It's not cool to say and this does not leave this thread, but I did enjoy the first Mortal Kombat movie. Back in 1996.

I'm not a Mortal Kombat fan these days, I kinda left the franchise behind with the 16-bit generation, but this pitch seems a little daft. Where are the demons? This is not Mortal Kombat. This is some other thing. Why are they calling it Mortal Kombat? I hate it when people try to adapt something to another medium but then go and do their own thing and just pay lip service to the material.

I've no problem sayong I enjoy the first MK film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The first MK film is awesome.

The second one though, is absolutely awful.

• Advertisement

If you think this is bad, you should've seen the pitch for the KOF movie.
    Which actually came out, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Armitage Shanks1

Yah the KOF movie is out or on the way out at least,trailers on youtube,Tekken movie looks like **** aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

I would like to see a new Mortal Kombat movie. I don't think this is the right plot for a new MK movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Apparently this video was created as a way of pitching the idea to producers so that they can he [the director, whose name eludes me at this point] can make a new MK in this style. I think there are some legal issues with regards the rights at the moment though.

Personally I think the style is great and don't give two tosses about whether its in the netherworld or that the specifics of each character's retarded back story is given an accurate presentation. Good fight scenes and interesting choice of character direction and I'm sold. I'd be happy for them to be out there and creative with it. The image sub zero throwing bags of ice cubes over people's heads makes me smile.

Don't take this too personally, but your kind is everything that's wrong with today's gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

My kind? Would you kindly elaborate on that statement?

I don't really get what you mean kiki either.

I think we've had enough stressful comments like that lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

He means people from Galway. Kiki is pretty racist against Galway people, don't mind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

seen it on kotaku the other day
    i think it only looks good because its just a pitch and short.

for example, the fight scene between johnny and baraka was a lol
    the only intense bits were looking out for characters introductions

now ofcourse if WB did sign off on it and they spend millions of effect and give us Motaro and Sheeva looking realistic, they might just make it

mka_sheeva_motaro2.jpg

i stopped playing after MK Trilogy
    then i got MK4, fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I suppose it can be salvaged if it includes the line, "This is where you fall down."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wow, what a coincidence.

Even the trailer looks broken as ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Ultimate Epic.

Threads merged.

I wonder if we will see an influx of MK fans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

hat, spin, balls, cut off.

epicly awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Threads merged.

I wonder if we will see an influx of MK fans :)

I'm a much bigger Kombat fan than I am a SF fan. Always have been. Ok, I'll admit, SF probably provides me with more craic ingame, and the fighting is excellently balanced. But it's the darkness and brutality of MK's characters and storylines that has always held my heart.

This looks like exactly what I wanted Ed Boon to do with the franchise. Back to the old 2D days, but keeping a 3D looky. Now, if they just explain what the hell happened after the Armagedden story, and smother this game in blood and guts. I'll be one hella happy man.

Advertisement