Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mortal Kombat game announced!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Even the trailer looks broken as ****!

shut up gar, you play el futera !
    The game looks great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I have to admit, it's the only Mortal Kombat game that's piqued my interest since Ultimate MK3. And that was mainly "OMG* YOU CAN PLAY AS EVERYBODY" fanboyism. This one actually looks good. They're pretty much doing the same things that Capcom did with Street Fighter.

*Actually, "OMG" didn't exist back then. Maybe it was "cowabunga dude" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

actually it was trilogy that let you play with everyone but at that stage snes and sega had died and ps was bringing out all sorts of 3d titles, so MK died and all the 3d attempts failed, bar MK4 because that was the first ever 3d one,

since then its been terrible but this looks pretty good i have to say. Depends how it plays ofcourse, MKgame play always was a bit rigid

but beefed up characters and xray mid fatalty type moves, lookin good.
    beefin up is always good

sf_II_champ_ryu_ken--article_image.jpg

581161701_c71fe51260_o1262211279.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Colour me interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I got all nostalgic looking at those stages. Looking forward to this game, looks like a return to form after the "amazing" MK Vs. DC (Best Fighting Game Ever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

deathrider wrote: »
    Now, if they just explain what the hell happened after the Armagedden story, and smother this game in blood and guts. I'll be one hella happy man.

MKA comes down to Shao Kahn and Raiden [ie. the trailer we have already seen] Kahn is about to kill Raiden when he [Raiden] sends a message to his past self to try and prevent Armageddon from ever happening.

Basically they are attempting to retcon events from MK 1-3. Boon gave us an example that maybe Liu-Kang doesn't or won't win every MK tournament [He won 1-4 before being killed before 5. Honestly other than being Kitana's lover this was all he had going for him. They're going to have to drastically redefine him if they take away his "He won every MK he fought in" aspect]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    MKA comes down to Shao Kahn and Raiden [ie. the trailer we have already seen] Kahn is about to kill Raiden when he [Raiden] sends a message to his past self to try and prevent Armageddon from ever happening.

Basically they are attempting to retcon events from MK 1-3. Boon gave us an example that maybe Liu-Kang doesn't or won't win every MK tournament [He won 1-4 before being killed before 5. Honestly other than being Kitana's lover this was all he had going for him. They're going to have to drastically redefine him if they take away his "He won every MK he fought in" aspect]

Yeah, I've been keeping up to speed with this one on a few of the MK forums. I like the idea that KAng might not be the winner of the MK tournament(s). He was always such a one dimensional character. My money is on Kung Lao instead.
    Also, the fact that the Sub-Zero featured in this game will be the one from the original game also intrigues me. He was a blood thirsty animal of a character, unlock his goody goody brother who we seen from MKII onwards. If the original Subby is playable all the way through this revamp of the first three games, then this could mean that Scorpion won't slay him, he'll never become Noob Saibot, and in general this will just crack open a whole can of worms.

I really like the steps Boon and his boys are taking in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

deathrider wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been keeping up to speed with this one on a few of the MK forums. I like the idea that KAng might not be the winner of the MK tournament(s). He was always such a one dimensional character. My money is on Kung Lao instead.
    Also, the fact that the Sub-Zero featured in this game will be the one from the original game also intrigues me. He was a blood thirsty animal of a character, unlock his goody goody brother who we seen from MKII onwards. If the original Subby is playable all the way through this revamp of the first three games, then this could mean that Scorpion won't slay him, he'll never become Noob Saibot, and in general this will just crack open a whole can of worms.

I really like the steps Boon and his boys are taking in this game.

Kung Lao should have won a couple of them. Like Liu Kang he's supposed to be the ultimate good guy in the series. Its kind of weird that they have made Sub-Zero have near god like powers and he's not even capable of winning and MK tournament [technically now there is no tournaments per se its just an all out battle of good vs evil]

Who knows how much will change but its a safe bet with the story mode covering 1-3 both SZs will be in it. We'll probably S-Z1 kill Hanzo Hasashi and Hanzo's transformation into Scorpion. Scorpion's battle with S-Z1 and getting his revenge [S-Z2 aka the good one has been around way too long to be just tossed aside.] and his younger brother take up the Sub-Zero mantle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If Scorpion never kills Sub-Zero, then we might get to see just how nasty the original Subby would have become over the years. This, of course, will also screw with the on/off friendship between Sub-Zero and Smoke, as it was the second Sub-Zero who faought to save Smoke after he got automated.
    Also, last time we saw Raiden, he had turned dark and was allying himself with Shao Kahn and Onaga... where to go from there?

One thing that I'm keeping my ears perked for is news on Sonya Blade and Kano. This is probably my all time favourite MK rivalries (Shang Tshung's hatred towards Liu Kangs gets a sure second place for me), and it runs deep into MK history. I could always really feel the hate between these two characters, and love seeing them on screen together. The only way to edit that storyline while doing the original version justice, is to build even more hate and anger between them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement