Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper 2?

• 10-06-2010 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

no one out of paper 2 yet??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Heard the poets: Yeats, Rich, Kavanagh and Eliot ......hope nobody relied on Boland too much!

Ord level were Yeats and Eliot - not sure about other two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

RH149 wrote: »
    Heard the poets: Yeats, Rich, Kavanagh and Eliot ......hope nobody relied on Boland too much!

For the sake of everyone still doing the exam I hope this isn't true!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

Just out, left early, but I was confident that I had done all I could do.
    I was really happy with how the paper went. My hand hurts now through XD

MyHair wrote: »
    Just out, left early, but I was confident that I had done all I could do.
    I was really happy with how the paper went. My hand hurts now through XD

Could you tell us what was on it?

(I know your hand is sore):P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

It's up on examinations.ie now!

• Advertisement

Actually, no need, it's up on examinations.ie.

It's kinda rich that Rich came up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elcmiktro

ya paper 2 went fairly good just out there now. only question rushed was the GV+V but i didnt study too much on that anyway just bluffed my through but everything else went sweet so yay no more english 4 ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I know so many people that were relying on longley and boland. Oh lord.
    I'm kinda pissed too seeing as it's less likely Rich will come up next year :( and i like her poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

I guess I was lucky I didn't spend too much time on boland.
    I kinda feel bad for the people who spent so much time preparing on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Delighted with my Paper!

Lear Q was easy enough, GVVP and kavanagh, didn't see boland and was gutted for people relying on her.

• Advertisement

That looked like a seriously nice paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 scherzo!

Finished at about 17:10. I finished the comparative in 40 minutes so I was like "wow, I'm fast. Going to take it easy now." Thought Lear was a bit unfair because the two questions were just reverses of each other, but I'd be surprised if I didn't get an A. I'm happy with it. : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Brutal..absolutely frigging brutal...damn boland!!!!!!!:(
    I somehow managed to talk about 3 of yeats's poems but not definitely not worth the B that I really really really need!:mad:
    K.Lear was okay, did the one about honour and loyalty
    GV&VP...didn't go so well either!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

Well that could of gone worse. My paper could of spontaneously combust.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Well that could of gone worse. My paper could of spontaneously combust.

this is a point worth noting!:D

Argh paper two has killed my head!! nap time!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Absolutely raging about Boland! Still, manged 4 pages on Yeats out of the dregs of my memory...wasnt TOO bad...

GVV question was dead handy- 6 pages worth, Lear was fine also, did the first one. 5 pages worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Didn't have time to finish the king Lear. Basic good versus evil. ****ing hell. Only wrote 2 pages on it. The paper went **** for me. The literary genre caught me off guard so badly... We were all cursing our teacher at the end. Wrote 6 pages on comparative and poetry went nice. I'd be very suprised if I get even a B3. I'm actually depressed outta my mind. My dad is giving me a horrible silent treatment and criticizing me none stop. I can't stop crying. I want to turn back the clock 2 years so I never had to repeat, God help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Here did the narrattives in the Literary Genre mean flashback and dialogue etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

I spent the first 20 minutes contemplating eating my paper. Wasnt a bad paper, i just hate English.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

I AM so HAPPY!!!! only did yeats and kavanagh and the yeats question was a dream, the lear question was lovely and that was the first good gen vision question i ever did! sooo happy i actually did a dance at my chair when i saw my poets..you could almost hear the groans of the whole country when boland didnt turn up ! there will be murder XD

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

dannydfc wrote: »
    <mod snip>

Yeah, the one exam I wanted an A in. Might be a small issue to you but it's a big one for me. So get lost.

dannydfc wrote: »
    < mod snip>

futureida,don't worry about it. I'm sure you've done much better than you thought.

dannydfc, I don't think your attitude is appreciated at this time- people are under a lot of stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm absolutely gutted, it was a horrible paper. I knew Longely and Boland off by heart and they didn't come up. I knew Kavanagh but couldn't write a whole answer on Ordinary to extra ordinary. Then Eliot turned out to be a disaster. The rest of the paper wasn't any better : (

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Blerdiii wrote: »
    I AM so HAPPY!!!! only did yeats and kavanagh and the yeats question was a dream, the lear question was lovely and that was the first good gen vision question i ever did! sooo happy i actually did a dance at my chair when i saw my poets..you could almost hear the groans of the whole country when boland didnt turn up ! there will be murder XD

i share your enthusiasm!:D:D

/dance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

5 on the legendary Yeats. 5 on comparative was rushing it though but got as much detail as I could get in. Like 2 pages n King Lear tie ran out question was handy though. 3 quarters of a page for unseen just bluffed that as always. But in general pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

well it was very nice... yeats' kavanagh and rich to pick from.. easy enough unsen poem - just talked about how the light represents her leaving the church behind and praising the natural beauty of the world around us now instead of believing in a false deity in the sky..

comparative - i had to go with the 40 30 marker for gvv.. got all the points in but was rough around the edges.. would have prefered cc and a slightly nice question for lies of silence, dancing at lughnasa and il postino.. but it was ok i suppose.. very doable..

then i kinda messed lear up by forgetting the order of the story.. eg... i talked about cordelia being banished but then forgot to say that kent was also banished.. so i had to stick in oh kent was banished when cordelai was as well.. both these loyal characters suffered bruality at the hands of... etc etc etc

but it was ok i suppose...

nothing to difficult.. feeling it hard to be sorry for the lazy people who only did boland.. bit stupid but still feel a bit bad for them..

fair paper happy enough.. should be getting my C1/C2 out of it so i'm more than happy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

Melena wrote: »
    i share your enthusiasm!:D:D

/dance

BOOYA!!! XD:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Blerdiii wrote: »

There won't be murder. Or if there is, there shouldn't be.

It is true - it might be excessive (actually, it would be excessive) to learn all of the prescribed poets. However. You should never rely on just one poet. The SEC has complete discretion as to what poets appear on the paper. It is not obliged to cater for a widely held belief that something should come up.

While harsh, the decision to put Rich on Paper II might signal the intent of the SEC to move from 90% predictability to a policy of hamstringing those who rely on guesswork rather than hard work, like it has done in recent years with History.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I UNDERSTOOD THE UNSEEN POEM!! Loved how easy it was :)
    The Yeats question was lovely! Most people in my year relied solely on Boland though so there were gasps of horror when everyone looked at the paper...
    The LG question was HORRIBLE and I hadn't done GVV and had never practiced the 2-part question so had to stick with it. Oh well
    And the Lear questions were both very similar! I did A which was quite lovely. Turned it into a question on divine justice basically :P

Overall pretty nice, most people aren't so happy though :(

Advertisement