Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

****ing ran out of time for the poetry. Just stuck down as many quotes from Rich as I could without making it seem retarded. :mad:

EDIT: I got 8 typed pages... 3,500 words. Pretty happy with the question and everything, just my timing was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I did Eliot. I don't know, arghhhh, REALLY depressed, that's my A gone out the window. I am most worried about my Eliot essay because I only got through three poems ('Game of Chess, Preludes and Prufrock') Is this extremely awful??

I wrote a ridiculously long answer but didn't seem to address anything. Also I don't think I put enough personal statements in it. The rest of the paper was alright-ish, I did okay, nothing amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

lear was such a nice question , i didnt honesty n loyalty triupmhing over brutality and viciousness... imagine if the fool came up!

Poets were fair enough , the 3 main ones that everyones been going on about for the last year came up...

Unseen poem was good , easier than some of the other ones that have appeared.. Gv was tricky!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

my sentiments exactly.

I am still depressed and I'm pretending I'm not in front of my family. Yay...:(

I said tge unseen was about like flowers and a garden after heavy rain...?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

No, I was pretty confident about what i wrote.. Eh , I should probably just delete the post! I don't want to make people feel bad, honestly!
    meh....:rolleyes:
    Everybody on the forum is doing what your doing, its just your post was the nearest to quote from. Your just unlucky. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

I noticed how everyone is mentioning poetry mostly.... No mind that, what did people think of the Lear and General Vision and Viewpoint question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dontfallover

did the first lear question.. lear was my weak spot so i left it until last which was a good idea because i basically wrote ****e for three pages. something about how the honest and loyal characters triumph morally over the brutal and vicious?

But dominated yeats and lit genre so hopefully it went ok.

oh and did anyone else say the main mood of the poem was hopeful?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That was a savage fooking paper! Really nice A and B V+V, a lovely question on Lear (the second one) and the Yeats question (who was my THIRD choice) was fantastic.

Also, you couldn't argue with how decent of an unseen poem that was, if you did the 20 mark question of course. Plenty to talk about in terms of language, simile and whatever.

*BURNS EVERY ENGLISH HANDOUT EVAR*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Damn, I never got how people could write so big, I just can't do it, I get at least 15 words in every line. Anyways,

Did the first Lear question, that brutality one: 3 and a half pages.
    The 1st GVV question: 4 and a half
    Unseen - personal responce: half a page
    Eliot essay - 2 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Does anyone know if I were to repeat again what subject I can take instead of English and Art? My others are geo, history, French and maths... All higher except maths which is foundation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

I did Eliot. I don't know, arghhhh, REALLY depressed, that's my A gone out the window. I am most worried about my Eliot essay because I only got through three poems ('Game of Chess, Preludes and Prufrock') Is this extremely awful

I only got three done too (preludes, Aunt Helen and Prufrock) so I feel your pain!
    Ahh sure it'll be ok!

My Lear question was desperate .. I was so out of time!
    The papers were out late.. I know its only 5 minutes but in English it might as well be an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah did the first lear question aswel.. lear was my weak spot so i left it until last which was a good idea because i basically wrote ****e for three pages. something about how the honest and loyal characters triumph morally over the brutal and vicious?

But dominated yeats and lit genre so hopefully it went ok?

Yup hopeful and grateful is what my English teacher said after.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

For me, all the questions in both Paper I and II were nice for me, personally.
    I can fit around 10-15 words on a line... depending on the words themselves :P
    King Lear: 4 pages
    Literary Genre: 5 pages
    Unseen Poem: 1 page
    Yeats: 3 and a half pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

Me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Quality, not quantity is the only comment I will make on this "I wrote 312 pages on each question" business.
    ^^

This.

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    I thought of something that would cheer everyone up!
    Mr 'I only got a B' on youtube! Bet this will be Hilarious!
    Well, go look at it on youtube, and don't drag it over here, thanks! :p

This forum is not for mocking your fellow LC students. ;)

(This is directed generally, not specifically at Orla, she just happened to be the person to mention it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Could have gone better
    Could have gone worse
    NICE ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

i actually loved that paper

lear question was amazing, i looked over it this morning

funny that boland didnt came up and rich went for a two in a row, will she go again next yearrrrr?

YAY no more english!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

fufureida wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I were to repeat again what subject I can take instead of English and Art? My others are geo, history, French and maths... All higher except maths which is foundation.
    Do engineering man, even if its not offered in your school, do it in your community college. The thoery is a pisstaker , and after the project and practical exam, you have 50% of the exam done before you even sit down in June. I had the exam this morning. Twas a dream come true..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I only got three done too (preludes, Aunt Helen and Prufrock) so I feel your pain!
    Ahh sure it'll be ok!

My Lear question was desperate .. I was so out of time!
    The papers were out late.. I know its only 5 minutes but in English it might as well be an hour!

You only have to do three for Eliot.
    His poems are more complex than others and you can say a lot more about them. I did A Game of Chess, Prufrock and Aunt Helen. You only need to do three if you write enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

fufureida wrote: »
    Oh stop it! :p

Forget about English, concentrate on the ones ahead!

Actually, that's good advice for everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Well, go look at it on youtube, and don't drag it over here, thanks! :p

This forum is not for mocking your fellow LC students. ;)

(This is directed generally, not specifically at Orla, she just happened to be the person to mention it.)

I know it's not nice to mock anyone but he was terrible :L I'll give a review later of how awful it is without calling him names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    I know it's not nice to mock anyone but he was terrible :L I'll give a review later of how awful it is without calling him names!

Can you pm me the link? :p I could do with a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nijel

poet, yeats, ok messed up the first paragraph but was happy with the escapism and politics..

v and vp, did the first one not happy just repeated myself and used as many conective phrases as possible

lear, did first one again, i disagreed relising half way through that honour kinda dos triumph over bad...

hopefully by writting that down i can get on with geography and mats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Ahh he hasn't done one yet =(!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

I did Eliot , but only got 2 poems done... but they were long ones and really detailed.. i think that was alright because they were the 2 poems that suited the question the most!

Lear - about 5 pages , unseen poem - 2 pages , eliot - 4/5 pages and comparative was a bit of a fail... about 4 pages but i wasnt that happy with it!

My comparative question was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever written...blagh...

Only got 1/2 a page for each of my unseen poetry Qs, but hopefully it was quality stuff (I can't remember in the haze of panic!).

But let's focus on the positives....Kavanagh! And I was quoted on here in the Irish Times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The Lit Gen question.....was hard!

Halfway through the paper it hit me what a load of b*llocks English is. I will never again require poetry/Shakespeare/Comparative again IN MY LIFE*. Seems so wrong that entrance to stuff like medicine, science etc etc. can be decided on this stuff when theres no connection!

Before you ask, Im not bitter about the paper! I knew Kavanagh :D

*Bar an appearance on a REALLY sh*t 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L.C.Deirdre

Anyone think that the Comparative Q.s were horrible? I wanted to do Lit.Genre, but really didn't like the Qs so went fo CV&V.....eek!!:(
    Kavanagh and Eliot were my two boys, so I was happy with the poetry!!:cool:

On the plus side, no more english....EVER!!! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yup hopeful and grateful is what my English teacher said after.

How was it hopeful? Not saying you're wrong, genuinely want to know. I said it had a celebratory and uplifting mood. Could have just got it all wrong though.

Lear and GV+V were both fine, poetry was a disaster. Had to do Kavanagh and I absolutely bull****ted my way to an astounding 2 and 1/2 pages. Awful stuff. There goes any chance of an A (I got an A1 last year - I'm a repeat).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

My comparative question was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever written...blagh...

Only got 1/2 a page for each of my unseen poetry Qs, but hopefully it was quality stuff (I can't remember in the haze of panic!).

But let's focus on the positives....Kavanagh! And I was quoted on here in the Irish Times :D
    Surprised there's been no threads complaining about the comparative questions. They were wayy to specific. My V and V headings were silence, the truth and the redemptive power of love. How the hell d'ya fit "did your character succeed..." under them:confused::P

I'm lucky I was good at LG!

Advertisement