Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast returns!... to PSN/XBLA

Options
  • 10-06-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

As hinted before in leaked documents, Sega will be releasing Dreamcast games over the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade. The games will include improved resolution, surround sound, and modern amenities like online leaderboards and Achievements/Trophies. The first two games scheduled for release ('this fall') are Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi. Full story here.

What do you hope to be re-released? I'm hoping for a chance to play Skies of Arcadia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I think a "Yay!" is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Jet Set Radio - Double pack would be nice but the original will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Skies is a gem, GothPunk... a must-play imo.

I'm hoping for Shenmue 1 and 2, then when they sell millions more than any other XBLA/PSN ever, I'll finally get the sequel I deserve.

What? It'll happen :o

As an aside; I love my Dreamcast, this is brilliant news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

either Powerstone game will do me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! *within reason*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So the crazy taxi screens leaked a while back were indeed the real deal !!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Shenmue or Trickstyle pleaaaaaase

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would like to see some shmups like Border Down and Under Defeat. Somuch good stuff on the DC for a console that only lived 18 months. Wouldn't mind Napple Tale reaching a wider audience either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've never played a Dreamcast (yup, never) so there's plenty I'd love to play, Shenmue being the main one. Jet Set Radio would be nice too, and Powerstone. I played a helluva lot of Crazy Taxi on PS2, but if the sequel was released I'd pick that up too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Crazy Taxi was better on the Dreamcast. The Offspring soundtrack rocked as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Crazy Taxi was better on the Dreamcast. The Offspring soundtrack rocked as well.
    YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Offspring soundtrack rocked as well.

Good, yes, but shame there was like two songs :p I vaguely remember a Bad Religion song too, although that might have been Tony Hawks.

Good, yes, but shame there was like two songs :p I vaguely remember a Bad Religion song too, although that might have been Tony Hawks.

from the wiki

Bad Religion – Inner Logic
    Bad Religion – Ten in 2010
    Bad Religion – Them and Us
    Bad Religion – Hear It
    The Offspring – Way Down the Line
    The Offspring – All I Want
    The Offspring – Change the World

Played that game to death. The Dreamcast (and previously the N64) was my era in gaming where I did everything in every game I owned.

I really do love this news. Unless I hear that Demon's Souls 2 is in the works this is very likely my gaming news highlight of the year.

Huh don't remember that many songs, for some reasons I thought it just kept on repeating the same two Offspring songs over and over!

****, now I'm going to end up spending tonight playing Crazy Taxi.

Huh don't remember that many songs, for some reasons I thought it just kept on repeating the same two Offspring songs over and over!

****, now I'm going to end up spending tonight playing Crazy Taxi.

Think some of them were in menus/credits etc... But some are etched in my memory for sure. All I Want, Ten in 2010 and Inner Logic most of all.

Think some of them were in menus/credits etc... But some are etched in my memory for sure. All I Want, Ten in 2010 and Inner Logic most of all.

Listening to them again on youtube and it's all starting to come back :). I used to know where every potential customer was in that game, and the ideal order to pick them up in. Also remember the 'bonus' city on the PS2 (maybe Dreamcast too?) was glitchy as hell compared to the arcade one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

CHU CHU ROCKET!

2 launch games don't interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

fecking awesome, i was part of the dreamcast 33k modem era and it was my first foray into online gaming. i dont know what would happen to me if the likes of PSO and quake 3 arena were re-launched on LIVE.

also, i really hope shenmue 1 and 2 can grab a decent audience to enhance any chances of shenmue 3, the game I want more than any other.

drool, Jet Set radio(feck Future, not a patch on the 1st game) in HD would be so sweet.

Had a spin of Crazy Taxi this evening, **** me the product placement is shameless in that game :pac: One thing I realised while playing (and trying to readjust to the uber floaty physics) is that online leaderboards will add a lot to this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

This is definitely good news although I'm undecided whether or not I can justify forking out for the same game twice.

I don't know how likely we are to see the likes of Shenmue, Skies etc coming to Live/ PSN given that they were multiple disc releases but you never know.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    drool, Jet Set radio(feck Future, not a patch on the 1st game) in HD would be so sweet.

Have to disagree with that one, thought that Future was as good as, if not better than, the original. The tagging in the original was a bit naff. Soundtracks for both games were pure class. I have them on CD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love if Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue were released. I'd prefer the Gamecube version of Skies though, to cut out some of the insane amounts of random battles.

rizzla wrote: »
    CHU CHU ROCKET!

2 launch games don't interest me.

Great call on Chu Chu Rocket! I got it free in the post. Imagine that now!! And played it online... that and PSO were the big two online for me.

have-you-hugged-ur-dcast.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Vyse wrote: »
    This is definitely good news although I'm undecided whether or not I can justify forking out for the same game twice.

I don't know how likely we are to see the likes of Shenmue, Skies etc coming to Live/ PSN given that they were multiple disc releases but you never know.

SO? The PSN has multiple disc PS1 games, plus you can download full 360 games through XBLA, so its not gonna be a problem multi disc-wise or file size-wise.

Just SEGA or whoever published the games dragging their heels :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

No idea how things are on the xbox side of things but hopefully this isnt like the PS1 games on PSN , US and Jap stores have over 200, EU has...about 50:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

ahhhhhhh Toy Commander the ultimate 4 player dog fighting game! the only dreamcast game I ever played in abundance! wicked. *hope*

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    SO? The PSN has multiple disc PS1 games, plus you can download full 360 games through XBLA, so its not gonna be a problem multi disc-wise or file size-wise.

Yes I know but there was always a limit to the size that a XBLA titles could be (this is with respect to Arcade games only):

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/20/xbla-file-size-limit-increases-to-350mb/

Don't know what the limit is now but I'm sure that the likes of Shenmue 2 would be well over 1GB seeing as it comes on 4 GD-ROMS. Could be a factor for Live, maybe not for PSN.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They used to have XBOX games available for download too though (not sure if they are still available), so it shouldnt be that much of a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

If you guys remember there was a leaked Sony/Sega document that contained this information about the release of DC games:
    DC Digital Titles

If we provide a list of DC titles SCEA will let us know which ones they're interested in having exclusively.
    If we give them a long period of exclusivity they'll give us more marketing support.

It is possible that some games will be exclusive to PSN or XBLA, which may come about naturally due to the file size limitations of XBLA. Who knows. I would hope that everyone would get to play the games though.

Advertisement