Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast returns!... to PSN/XBLA

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

this is fantastic news!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd love to see Powerstone, Toy Commander and Chu Chu Rocket making an appearance on my XBox alright, they'd be snaped up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Vyse wrote: »
    Have to disagree with that one, thought that Future was as good as, if not better than, the original. The tagging in the original was a bit naff. Soundtracks for both games were pure class. I have them on CD.

wrong! :) imo the tagging in the sequel was worse(no challenge or threat of getting caught by the cops) and there was no flow to the levels unlike the original. also JSRF feels like a remix of the first game which is lame eg same bad guys, same situations etc even the soundtrack to Future is mainly a remix of the first games OST.

wish there was a true sequel to the first game and im surprised the wii hasnt seen a JSR by now, its a good fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Grandia 2, REZ, Evolution 1 and 2, House of the Dead 2(Finally a use for the GCon) and Timestalkers are what I would like to see along with the obivious MSR,Shenmue 1 and 2,Skies of Arcadia etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ikaruga, Under Defeat and Shikigami No Shiro in HD? Yes please! And here was me thinking they looked pretty with a VGA box.

Fingers crossed this leads to some Saturn releases too! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Grandia 2, REZ, Evolution 1 and 2, House of the Dead 2(Finally a use for the GCon) and Timestalkers are what I would like to see along with the obivious MSR,Shenmue 1 and 2,Skies of Arcadia etc.

REZ is already available on XBLA:pac:

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wish there was a true sequel to the first game and im surprised the wii hasnt seen a JSR by now, its a good fit!

Preliminary work was done on a JSR for the Wii but I think it got scrapped fairly early on in development.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194446

It's unfortuante that Jet Set Radio 2 never appeared on the DC. It was in development but drifted into obscurity once JSRF was announced. As far as I can recall Sega never offically cancelled it. On numerous occassions they actually re-affirmed its release despite JSRF.

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8682&highlight=De%20La%20Jet%20Set%20Radio

It still is one of my favourite DC games (despite the sequel being superior :P)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Screw Powerstone. Powerstone 2 was infinitely better than an already amazing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will be having some Crazy Taxi when it is released.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Screw Powerstone. Powerstone 2 was infinitely better than an already amazing game.

Powerstone must be one of the best fighting games ever. I don't like beat em ups but Power Stone was absolutely class. It was my second game for the Dreamcast, bought about a week after launch. The balance of the whole game would change if you got that third Powerstone.

The second was excellent too. Felt that the four player could get a bit crowded on the one screen. Would be brilliant over Live though.

All this Dreamcast talk has me wanting to take it out of my wife's attic:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Are you any better at Powerstone 2 than you are at 1? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Vyse wrote: »
    REZ is already available on XBLA:pac:

:confused:I have a PS3, No REZ on PSN yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Are you any better at Powerstone 2 than you are at 1? :P

Hey I did alright by the end :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know it was a PS2 title as well, but Unreal Tournament 99 - that would be amazing. No Tournament title since has been remotely as good as the original, in fact I find them distinctly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Capcom VS SNK 2 all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I still have a working Dreamcast lying around along with a ton of games. I stocked up on games when it died a death and they were selling for next to nothing, still think it was a bloody good console.

Advertisement