Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com issue

Options
  • 10-06-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Folks, need your help. I'm at a loss as to what to do here.

I ordered something online on Play.com to the value of €12.99. I updated my card details (I was using a Laser/Maestro card) but they wouldn't work - the card was declined. I cancelled the order a couple of times.

I then got a 3V top up of €20 to buy the above item as the 'account was declined'. I checked online to make sure my balance went in however play have taken €5 out of my account for 'purchase approval' of 99c and a 'FX commision' of 1c. It's a purchase approval despite the fact that I didn't receive anything.

That may be confusing but I've no idea why they've taken money out of my account. Any help appreciated. Mods, move if neccessary.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Why not call Play for clarification?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

play have taken €5 out of my account for 'purchase approval' of 99c and a 'FX commision' of 1c. It's a purchase approval despite the fact that I didn't receive anything.

I think it's just a check to see if it's a valid card - it'll automatically go back in after a day or two. I'm not sure what you're expected to do if you need it in the meantime though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Yes, as p15574 said, it will go back after a few days. Depends on the company, I don't think the 99c charge gets refunded though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Cabaal wrote: »
    Why not call Play for clarification?

I will but was on here and just wanted a quick check.
    p15574 wrote: »
    I think it's just a check to see if it's a valid card - it'll automatically go back in after a day or two. I'm not sure what you're expected to do if you need it in the meantime though!

Cheers. I checked my account but there's no repayment.

It's like a euro each time for the validation.

I'll give it a day or two more and see. Thanks for the help folks!

Advertisement