Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyarados

• 10-06-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Gyarados. Water and Flying type. So why can't I teach him to fly? :( Why didn't they just make him Water/Dragon ?

Gyarados.png

Sucks :[

Also, Palkia clearly has wings, why can't he fly?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

They may be difficult to mount.

Or they may not want to be mounted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I recently taught my new Gyrados Ice Beam in Sapphire, in order to take on the Elite Four. Never realised it has such a ****e SpAtk stat.

Boo Gyrados.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I recently taught my new Gyrados Ice Beam in Sapphire, in order to take on the Elite Four. Never realised it has such a ****e SpAtk stat.

Works much better with Ice Fang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Works much better with Ice Fang.

Gen III though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Kold wrote: »
    Gyarados. Water and Flying type. So why can't I teach him to fly? :( Why didn't they just make him Water/Dragon ?

His "wings" are, relative to his body, the same size as your cheeks. Give a 'mon a break, will ya? Catch a Magikarp on the Winners Path, they know Bounce - It's like fly except you land more often*.

In terms of "lore" I'm guessing that he's a flying type in the same way that Piranha 2 - The Flying Fish was : limited through-the-air propulsion that's as much to do with launch force as aerodynamics. Also, far as I recall in Gen I gyra was one of the stronger physical attackers that anyone could reasonably expect to catch and train so making it 4x weak to Electricity balances out it's awesome attack power (although didn't it learn a hell of a lot of special attacks for a physical attacker or am I mixing my gens up? Haven't played Blue since the Gamecube came out)

*This is a poor joke and does not to imply that Bounce can be used in any way to get around the map...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Gen III though :(

Ah, must've skipped over that.

Yea, your Gyarados is no good for Water or Ice then. But he'll have one hell of a Hyper Beam :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Ah, must've skipped over that.

Yea, your Gyarados is no good for Water or Ice then. But he'll have one hell of a Hyper Beam :P

If he can learn explosion, BIG BOOM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

He should be able fly indeedy, although then he'd be the BEST DAMN HM SLAVE THAT CAN STILL KICK BOOTY THERE EVER WAS

Advertisement