Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple licence renewals - did they all come together?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

I handed in my 3 renewals into the Garda station at the same time - O/U, Semi auto & .22LR rifle. All went smoothly & after 2 weeks I received the 3 renewals on the same day to be paid for at the post office .

I went to the post office & paid the three renewals at the same time. About 10 days later 2 licences arrived on the same day - O/U & .22LR rifle. No sign of the semi-auto licence. It's not a restricted firearm.....fires 3 shots (1 in breech & 2 in magazine).

Thats was roughly one month ago .....still haven't received the third licence.

Just wondering if others with multiple applications which were renewed & paid for at the same time received all the licences in the post at the same time or did they come in dribs & drabs?

If I want to enquire about it's delay is it the local Garda Station I enquire at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

There was about 4 weeks between mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

all at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Mine came together. When you have them paid for there should be no issues as they have been granted.
    Maybe its lost in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I think i was waiting 6-8 weeks for 4 grant letters to come through.
    Got 2 then waited 6-8 weeks and got the others but once i payed for them as they came in in had the licence within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

All the non restricted stuff arrived same day for me.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

J.R. wrote: »
    Just wondering if others with multiple applications which were renewed & paid for at the same time received all the licences in the post at the same time or did they come in dribs & drabs?

I had a similar problem. Ended up the new postman did not know the address of my place can be named as either of 2 townslands. So he returned the license to An Post in Clare.

Rang the FPU and they chased it up. 7 days later i had it.

Thing i still do not understand is all my other licenses (7 of them) came with the same address, so i don't know how he got confused on the last one.

Ring the helpline for An Pos in Clare. If that fails ring the FPU and they will chase it down. Its a serious matter, license going missing, and they are quick to sort it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I can't 100% remember, but I think all mine came at the same time.

Advertisement