Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Fcuking Boland!!!

• 10-06-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

:mad::mad::mad: Thanks a lot whoever predicted that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Prediction are never 100% there based on stats. Tbh if you didn't study another poet because you heard thats a high chance in Boland coming up thats your fault, not people who predicted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Aggreed, but it would have been nice if every single person every asked "Who's gonna come up?" didn't say Boland

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

what a b***. nearly started crying!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I nearly walked out...was really relying on her (stupid I know!)...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

its not the end of the world...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

So was i,i knew her inside out! ended up writing a crap essay on Kavanagh!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hon pa

I wonder how many people actually answered Rich!
    Had Kavanagh myself, first time in years he came up, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Dante

Having just read a thread earlier called "Will they mark Boland harder?" I just had to laugh reading this.

Cruel but satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

relied on boland and longley and neither turned up.:( sick as a dog had to write ****e on yeats who i knew **** all about.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

go on yeats :D:D:D:D knew well it was far too obvious to have boland... and they even put rich up so no crying about sexism... 4 pages on yeats so i'm happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

I thought it was gas :D No offense :P I learned Yeats for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

Learned Yeats and Boland.
    Shocked when I saw Rich!
    Yeats question couldnt have been much better tho, pretty much just a personal response:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ian_K wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad: Thanks a lot whoever predicted that

LOL :D

"Prediction"

taking from an online dictionary:
    –verb (used with object)
    to take an estimated guess in advance; prophesy; foretell: to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah when she was handing out the paper i got mine first and had sneek look and she wasnt there....i said **** under my breath but not as quiet as a i though cause everyone else heard and started to go mental!! lol

my teacher was so smug after...her predictions of rich and yeats came up....
    i bull****ted myself 4 pages for yeats and i think it was pretty good lol
    turned the bull**** factor to high and went to town

NO MORE ENGLISH EVER AGAIN THO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

You should have learned the two wimmens in fairness. Rich Q was tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Really wanted her to come up, couldn't believe it when her and Longley didn't show.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

I learned Yeats, and only Yeats. Funny thing is, we studied 5 poets in our class. 4 of those came up, Longley being the one that didn't. We didn't learn Boland due to everyone else answering on it and the fact that most of us would rely on Boland. I'm so glad we didn't learn Boland.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

Really wanted her to come up, couldn't believe it when her and Longley didn't show.
    Same here.:(
    I nearly fainted.:(
    F*** It nothing we can do now only study for rest of our exams.

dannydfc wrote: »
    Same here.:(
    I nearly fainted.:(
    F*** It nothing we can do now only study for rest of our exams.

It's going to be hard not to think about it, but there's nothing we can do. Seriously annoying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Personally I decided against Boland last night and took a gamble with Longley and Eliot. Was bricking it all day, was terrible considering I had engineering first. Cried a little when I saw eliot :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Studied Boland this morning. Delighted that my boy Patrick Kavanagh came up. BEST POET EVER!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

You played the game....you lost the game....better luck next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I am genuinely shocked that Boland didn't come up. Everyone, and I mean everyone predicted that. After all, they couldn't just disappear a woman off the paper. Instead they switched female poet which nobody expected.

However, 'TECHNICALLY', you can still fail your poetry section and get an A1 in your english... And you can technically still get an A2 had you not attempted your prescribed poetry at all.

A prediction is a prediction at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

why couldn't people see that boland was way to fecking obvious... expecially after yesterdays paper being the first paper ever not to have a picture for the essay:confused::confused::confused: surely ta god people should have at least looked over another poet JUST IN CASE... at least one other poet...

Why was everyone so sure on Boland coming up? It was a 50/50 chance between her and Rich:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gor93

delighted for the ***** that study the fcuk outta boland .....I only studied one poet yeats ha ....... it was too obvious with all them mouths out dere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Gutted to be banking on Boland! C'mon Rich ya beaut! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    why couldn't people see that boland was way to fecking obvious... expecially after yesterdays paper being the first paper ever not to have a picture for the essay:confused::confused::confused: surely ta god people should have at least looked over another poet JUST IN CASE... at least one other poet...

Agreed. I'd feel a lot more sympathy for those who studied Longley and Boland.

You are expected to know at least five poets from the paper. If you do one, you have to face the consequences.

Kersmash wrote: »
    Gutted to be banking on Boland! C'mon Rich ya beaut! :D
    Will I start a thread: "Thank you, Rich came up :D:D:D:D"?

• Advertisement

Not everyone only learned one :cool: I knew at least 3 well and I still found it really difficult to answer the questions today.

Advertisement