Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Fcuking Boland!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The predictions on 2fm were on the ball except for Boland..... :D I'd covered Boland and Kavanagh and it worked out perfectly. Would have been prepared to write a Eliot answer but I wasn't willing to take the risk. :eek: About a minute after the exam ended, I had thrown all english books out of a window. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

To the people who were relying on Boland:
    20070715-pwned1.jpg
    Even has Rich in the middle. :pac:
    Sorry had to be done, but seriously everyone should have done the two women at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

theowen wrote: »
    Will I start a thread: "Thank you, Rich came up :D:D:D:D"?

Please do! I was so delighted! And the question for Rich was ridiculously easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Thank christ I learnt my lesson last year and didn't take any chances this time round :D

[/smugness]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't bad for all the people who only studied Longley and Boland. I told ye to do more than 2 poets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Kavanagh and Rich! oh yeah!
    I was so tempted to cram Longley this morning after reading some of the predictions here, thank god I didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I knew Boland best but thank christ I studied Yeats really well. I feel really sorry for people though, Loads of people were banking on her. I know your supposed to know 3-5 but still, i can't imagine how horrible that must have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

fecking joke . . .. so predicitons for english and home ec have been completley wrong cant trust anything now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Boland is so much easier than rich.. I'll convince myself that boland is coming up and try to tell everyone else that too.. therefore my reasoning will automatically make boland come up because i want it to come up...

seriosuly.. how hard would it have been to at least learn the 2 women... like come on... in fairness... it was 50/50 for just boland in fairness... the flip of a coin... seriously guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mau5 wrote: »
    Learned Yeats and Boland.
    Shocked when I saw Rich!
    Yeats question couldnt have been much better tho, pretty much just a personal response:)

Nice name bud :D
    I completely counted on Boland. But luckily I knew Longley, Kav, Yeats and Eliot, just now as well, not nearly as well. Got 2 useless pages on Eliot. On the plus side, my Lear and Comparative went unreal, which I wasn't expecting:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Answered on Yeats, but man, I am SO glad I studied Rich! :) Most of my year banked on Boland and there was a very loud gasp when everyone turned to the Poetry section, swiftly followed by a, "For f***'s sake!"

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

WB Yeats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

People have only themselves to blame if poetry didn't go their way...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheDenominator

Having just read a thread earlier called "Will they mark Boland harder?" I just had to laugh reading this.

Cruel but satisfying.
    Lol leave my thread alone! It was an honest question :P

I had Yeats fully prepared too anyway to back me up, so i got a good 4 and half pages. Feel sorry for those who only did Boland though. Ah well. It's all over now :) Apart from the next 6 subjects....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Mau5 wrote: »
    Yeats question couldnt have been much better tho, pretty much just a personal response:)

Noway!!! That so wasn't a personal response, I thought it was an awful hard question but still done it... Go On The Butler!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I went for Eliot, never even considered Boland. Just reading over it now, I wonder if I actually mentioned the style of his poetery at all.

Arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

None of the q's were personal responses, right?

They sooo rewarded the people who studied Rich. I feel rewarded :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Ammm, i was one of those people who only knew one poet

Kavanagh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mebbie

Learned Boland,Rich,Yeats,Kavanagh
    Probabley knew Boland best,
    But got a good four pages out of Rich,
    Pretty Happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Finical wrote: »
    Sorry had to be done, but seriously everyone should have done the two women at least.

I've been trying to do two women for years, and it's never worked yet.

That said, It's not exactly a great "TEST" of your knowledge if you know exactly what's going to come up for everything, otherwise they'd let you take the books in...

I thought it was fairly obvious that she wasn't coming up since the government is giving out about the inflation of grades and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Well I was kinda laughing to myself when Boland didn't come up!
    Especially after everyone depending on her to come up.
    Well at least LC 2011 students can be guaranteed that Boland will be coming up! :D:p

I learned Kavanagh, Boland, Longley and Rich.
    So I was delighted when I saw Kavanagh's name on the paper! So I got 4 good pages wrote on him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Well at least LC 2011 students can be guaranteed that Boland will be coming up! :D:p

That's what they said last year about 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Woooo Yeats, pleased with my 4 and a half pages on him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Studied Yeats and Kavanagh and they both came up. Thought I was taking a risk! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yeats, the sexy ****er. Love that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

feel sorry for the guys that were caught out, hard luck

our english teacher had been predicting eliot all year and we did all his material inside out :)

it wasnt very smart going in with only 1 poet learned anyway , even i had 2 backups

Advertisement