Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Fcuking Boland!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Jack Leahy

''In the room the students come and go/
    thinking that Boland is all you need to know''

Spent all year doing my 6 poets well, had all 4 today. No sympathy, live by the sword, die by the sword!

Besides, she's not really a poet so just doing her doesn't count :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Harsh words Leahy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I've been trying to do two women for years, and it's never worked yet.
    That was quite good, it didn't get the appreciation it deserved!!
    Well at least LC 2011 students can be guaranteed that Boland will be coming up! :D:p
    No, they can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Jack Leahy wrote: »

Spent all year doing my 6 poets well, had all 4 today. No sympathy, live by the sword, die by the sword!

Well I studied two, had one today with the easiest question ever so I say I lived by the sord!! :cool::D:p
    Although I do have some sympathy for tose of you who only did Boland, I would have been sick if Rich hadn't appeared!!!:o

lc2010 wrote: »
    Well I studied two, had one today with the easiest question ever so I say I lived by the sord!! :cool::D:p
    Although I do have some sympathy for tose of you who only did Boland, I would have been sick if Rich hadn't appeared!!!:o

At least you bothered doing the two! Well done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I just laughed. I did my 5 poets vaguely. There was only ever 1 way to be 100% safe...by doing 5. Anyone who JUST did Boland, it's completely yeer own fault!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

So... why didn't you do your 8 poets? :p

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see Boland as a real poet!

So... why didn't you do your 8 poets? :p

Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see Boland as a real poet!

Our teacher didn't do her or Walcott...

''Pomegranate:
    the French sound for apple and
    the noise of stone

"

What a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Our teacher didn't do her or Walcott...

''Pomegranate:
    the French sound for apple and
    the noise of stone

"

What a woman

Haha we thought of the same quote! Also "and the proof (...insert blabber here) a child can be hungry"
    Ugh... No more English ever again ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

I LOVE ELIOT.....LEDGEND... he is some man for coming up...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Especially after everyone depending on her to come up.
    Well at least LC 2011 students can be guaranteed that Boland will be coming up! :D:p

i wanted rich for next year :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I feel really bad for you guys. I got lucky but I'm banking on predictions for my geog tomorrow. Hopefully things will go better for me and others who barely know the course. And besides, so many people have done the Boland risk that they are bound to bring the marks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

:cool: hahahaha ahhhhh eliot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

All I can say is if your going to take the female poet shortcut, you should have known better than to shortcut the shortcut, would learning a whole 2 poets have killed you.. honestly like?.

Personally I backed Rich all along (Legit) because she was the curveball on last years paper, which was cancelled because of the leak (which EVERYONE knows), I nearly put money on them pulling a double-whammy stunt like this.. All I can say is the SEC are a bunch of cute auld beggars!?

In the end though I chose the Eliot question, the troubled character to end all troubled characters!? Though I only covered 5 poets in class, four of which came up!?. (Boland being my fifth!?)

The lesson to be learned from this year if anything is that the SEC WILL screw people over, so don't get caught out, and NEVER, and I mean EVER try to take shortcuts on shortcuts

Also, calm down, if you failed all the poetry, you can still get a high B maybe even an A

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

TS Eliot is actually my hero.

Love you, Thomas Stearns!

Got something like 46/50 or 48/50 in my mock Eliot Q so don't fail me now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ah sure screw it. Theres no point in looking back over it any more. Time to concentrate on all the rest of our exams.

To hell with English forever, hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

No Boland???

:p

I joke....

'Twas a crime that she didn't appear!

G'wan Kavanagh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Mau5 wrote: »
    Learned Yeats and Boland.
    Shocked when I saw Rich!
    Yeats question couldnt have been much better tho, pretty much just a personal response:)

i didnt write a "personal" response cause they just asked for response? will this really matter? one of my friends wrote a personal response to a poet in the mock and the examiner said she didnt answer the question properly because it wasnt a personal response question...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

Agreed. I'd feel a lot more sympathy for those who studied Longley and Boland.

You are expected to know at least five poets from the paper. If you do one, you have to face the consequences.

I did that..
    wrote half a page on yeats..made up a few quotes too!!

thank God the other 2 questions were easy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I kept telling ye yeats would come up. And such an easy question.
    But the King Lear question :eek: they really got us good on that one.
    I spinned the "honour and loyalty triumphs over brutality and viciousness" into an essay about Lear himself. Saying he began the play as a brutal, egotisctical and vicious man but by the end of the play loyalty and honour triumphed over them lol. As for the poetry my teacher predicted them all perfect. We learned everyone that was on the paper and Boland just to be safe. Hope ye did good in it. Finally glad to get English out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    I spinned the "honour and loyalty triumphs over brutality and viciousness" into an essay about Lear himself. Saying he began the play as a brutal, egotisctical and vicious man but by the end of the play loyalty and honour triumphed over them

Fair play, I spinned it to sibling rivalry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

G'wan Kavanagh :D[/QUOTE]

Kavanagh ftw! delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

as did i! sweeeeet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Did Kavanagh, Yeats, Walcott, Boland and Rich. Answered on Kavanagh. Beautiful question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I thought the King lear question was simple, it was basically just good vs. evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

i couldn't belive how nice the lear questions were...basically 2 questions on good vs evil.!
    i was delighted when yeats came up but no thinkin that i messed up a few of my quotes.. my arm is actually killing me how sore it was from all the writing :L

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shona R

When boland didnt come up i think i died a little inside lol..

BUT....i wrote a little note to the examiner saying sorry and wrote her anyways lol...an excellent 5 pg essay on Eavan Boland LOL....

No marks for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

So did I. Bit of sub plot, Lear himself and good vs evil. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Just noticed that there was quite a few people taking the honours paper. Well done. Honours English isn't hard. It's just something that takes time to get into. Some lads in my class dropped down to ordinary on the day. I could never go to ordinary English after doing honours for 5 years.

Advertisement