Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new fz28

• 10-06-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

bought an fz28 heres some photos i took at at iso 100 and 200. these from glasnevin cemetry (sorry if there to big)

4687859917_3515823829_b.jpg

4688477610_f7d6ccaefe_b.jpg

4688475064_dac30116ef_b.jpg

4687822917_b968c8b5d4_b.jpg

4688429560_d093453784_b.jpg

4687811797_7f59b045a2_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

woo got the photos to show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

bought an fz28 heres some photos i took at at iso 100 and 200. these from glasnevin cemetry (sorry if there to big)

Nice camera. Good luck with it.

I don't know if you posted the photos in the order you took them or not, but they get better as you scroll down, in my opinion.

Can't really write out a long reply at the moment, but the biggest issues I can see are that photo 1 is way off. You should straighten the photo in PP.

You should also try to incorporate the "Rule of Thirds" into such a photo (in other words, don't photograph the rock in the centre of the image, but to the left or right.

Wikipedia have a very short, straightforward article on it that I read when I first started and it helpd a lot;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Also, in the second image, the top of the building has been cut off (is out of the screen) and it's fairly noticeably in my opinion.

6 could also do with a bit of straightening up.

These are all minor issues though. I really like photo number 5.

All in all, you've got some very nice images. 5 + 6 Would be my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I agree that they get better from first to last. It's all about learning, take the critiques on the chin and you will learn and improve :)

Have you looked up simple tutorials on the basics of manual mode? That's one of the first things I did when I got my bridge camera last year. I moved to a dslr this year and felt comfortable with it straight away, having learned a lot on the bridge. It'll improve your images no end once you get the hang of controlling shutter speed/aperture/ISO manually.

Good start though, I like the tower shot, though the sky could be better exposed maybe. The church shot would have been much nicer if you'd not chopped the top off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

All in all, you've got some very nice images. 5 + 6 Would be my favourites.

Yep! I'd go along with that. Nice clear images considering it was such a dull
    and overcast day.

There is a rule about the rule of thirds which says that you
    can break the rule of thirds as often as you like :)

youllneverknow-
    The close up of the flowers is quite out of focus. EXIF says you used
    manual rather than auto focus. This would be quite tricky for a
    handheld close up shot.
    The FZ28 does really great close up shots. You will need a steady hand
    or a tripod to get the most out of it.

• Advertisement

haha no i didnt take them in order they are in lol
    think it went like 6 2 3 1 54
    top of the church/tomb is cut because i couldnt zoom out and further or move back without standing on a grave( would never do that).
    i wouldnt expose the sky any more because its just a giant white sheet of cloud

as for the one with the rock i wanted that to be the main thing instead of the trees they would just be cropped out anyways
    ill take the rock from a different angle tomorrow and see if i can improve it

the flower i had only took a few photos with it so didnt learn all of the features i know how to use it now. i think it looks good the way the leaf on the bottom is kind of like a reflection off the top one

thanks for the c&c

For the church one try lying on the ground to squeeze more of it in frame ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Well done G! You never know, keep it up and you might be helping me out on Saturdays.

Guys isn't boards so random, today the young lad who works Saturdays beside me and is full of interest and questions mentioned trying something new, I quickly realised that he is youllneverknow! You could be talking to your neighbour on boards and never know, excuse the pun!

That is cool :)

hahaha

• Advertisement
Advertisement