Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three ad freezes browser every time.

Options
  • 10-06-2010 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Using Opera 10.53 on Windows 7. It's only the three ad. Sends my task manager a bit loopy as well.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Flash fever strikes again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah, it's just that bloody ad on this site though. Last time something similar happened it was only when the ad was onscreen, this time even if the ad is right down the bottom it freezes for 30 seconds at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

AdBlock ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I've been getting some bad performance issues with Boards.ie lately. It just happened there a minute ago, where if I've a few boards tabs open my CPU starts going crazy. Not a browser issue either - it's the same in both Firefox and Chrome.

And it's not the 3 ad for me: all Google Ads earlier. - actually it is.

It's only a minor inconvenience, though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

amacachi, I assume you know to right click on the page and "block content"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What ads? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mike65 wrote: »
    amacachi, I assume you know to right click on the page and "block content"?

Aye, but it freezes that badly that I give up after waiting about 5 minutes for the right click menu to come up. Suppose I'm just going to have to be patient next time it happens. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Actually, I just realized there that it is the 3 ad which is clogging up my computer. I didn't see it on the bottom of the page.

Ubuntu 9.04 with Firefox 3.0.19 here. :)

Advertisement