Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rover wanted

• 10-06-2010 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

I'm just linking in this from adverts so it will get a wider audience........

http://www.adverts.ie/235457/cars-motorbikes-and-boats/rover-25-45-200-400-600/

Mods feel free to remove it if its not ok...

Before anyone asks I want it to learn how to do a HG replacement and a few other things and hopefully get it back on the road as a future daily driver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I wouldn't mind a 620Ti or 820 vitesse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Tragedy wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a 620Ti or 820 vitesse!

Who wouldn't :D

Just something to mess about with in my spare time is all I need, expanding on that a small Metro or 100 would be great.

I had lined up an MGF earlier in the year but I just couldn't see myself being able to work in the small space if I was only learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Makes me nostalgic, that - my mother was only reminding me last week about the time she came home to find me degreasing a cylinder head in her sink.

If you can borrow a car trailer, look about up north and you'll have a better chance

If you can borrow a car trailer, look about up north and you'll have a better chance

The girlfriend is from up there so I will be ;)

• Advertisement

Handy out, I get any work I need done to my MG up there, the amount of MGRovers you see is crazy - especially around Ballymena.

Also, keep an eye on http://forums.mg-rover.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Handy out, I get any work I need done to my MG up there, the amount of MGRovers you see is crazy - especially around Ballymena.

Also, keep an eye on http://forums.mg-rover.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Thanks Tragedy,

Afraid I'm not welcome there as I belong to 'another' forum.... having said that I may rejoin under another username

Wah?
    I didn't know any other forums were proscribed.

I'm a member but dont post on mg-r.org, lurker on xpower and post on 75andzt owners club.

The other forum is MacDroitwich if you've ever heard of it, good but its a rough ride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,743 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I wouldn't mind a 620Ti

FIL had a brand new one in '95, class car!

Nearly bought one myself 10 years ago looking to buy a fast-ish saloon but the test drive proved to be an epiphany. Instead of a small engined (yet turbocharged and with 200BHP quite fast at the time) I decided I needed a car with more poke. A car with a much bigger engine. So I went for a V8 petrol BMW instead :)

• Advertisement

Interesting John, will defo pass a few days away though. I'd try and get one that hasn't been cooked so the head isn't scrap. I'm lazy though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,743 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BTW John, you don't mention the Rover 75. A very worthy successor to the Rover 600 series imho. A much better / modern / safe and much more comfortable car and with much, much better pedigree. But I sense some emotional issues that seem to surround traditional Rover fans who don't want to be associated with BMW (but who surprisingly didn't seem to mind the association with Honda?)

Typical British blue collar reaction? Maybe they should realise the unions are gone and the working classes are much better off without them :D

Of the Rovers I have owned my 600 never really seemed a Rover to me, I wouldn't be keen on a petrol 75 or ZT (unless 'twas a V8, still not a Rover engine though) but the diesel ones would to me not be the real thing due to the BMW engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Who wouldn't :D

Just something to mess about with in my spare time is all I need, expanding on that a small Metro or 100 would be great.

I had lined up an MGF earlier in the year but I just couldn't see myself being able to work in the small space if I was only learning.

My Aunt has a rover 100 that I've been trying to get rid of , but all I get is people wanting a car with an nct and tax for free. So if you're interested in taking it sold as seen. It has 20,000miles on the clock.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1396068

Quite local to you John, bit of missing trim and the back door looks marked and they don't detail what's wrong with it. May be worth a phonecall though.

Thanks for that James,

Money is fairly tight but I may give them a call later on and see what they say about it. Waiting to hear back about my own Rover as a guy who viewed it a couple of weeks ago is interested again.

Only problem with that estate is getting it up from Clonmel but we'll see how it goes

I had spotted one in Nenagh during the week, a nightfire red estate, 420GSI. It looked very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Thanks for that James,

Money is fairly tight but I may give them a call later on and see what they say about it. Waiting to hear back about my own Rover as a guy who viewed it a couple of weeks ago is interested again.

Only problem with that estate is getting it up from Clonmel but we'll see how it goes

I had spotted one in Nenagh during the week, a nightfire red estate, 420GSI. It looked very well
    I used to own that rover estate, its got around 80,000 on the clock and has a peugeot diesel engine which is in great condition, really nice car to drive and you will get it for less than 300e, I know the seller as well.

PM sent to you Dirty Diesel :)

Advertisement