Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens in this situation with pay?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hey folks

this happened one of my mates, hes working for a company and in his last pay cheque, he was overpaid by €100.
    my question is, would his employer be entitled to withdraw this €100 from his account? is the employer capable of doing this? or is it just a case of the employers mistake so employer suffers this loss?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

The company ask for it back or can take it out of his next payment. They should do it promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They will most likely deduct it from his next wages..if they notice it. They are entitled to do that, and it's probably buried in terms and conditions of his employment somewhere. They would kinda have to be, imagine if they overpaid him by a good few grand by adding an extra zero or something and they had no right to get it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

He should bring it to their attention and ask for the deduction to his wage over a few pay runs, then he won't notice it so much and win some brownies with the employer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

exactly what the other posters said he can deduct it from the next pay cheque - i would get in first and offer it over the next few pay cheques that way you dont feel it as much but an employer can never take money out of your bank account no one can only you and no its not a case of their mistake your gain so they should suffer it once their payroll notice it will be taken back - from your next pay

Advertisement