Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unseen Poem

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

well mayb i diddnt see all that in the poem...

i said she went into her garden after winter ...saw a flower ..and she was happy about it..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lookingfor?

I said it was about a wife better how killed her and there child is haveing a new hope to his life that he is now going
    eg god pry morther
    stream big fight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

I said that the mood was awe and relief.

Part 2, I picked the image of the fingertips and the raindrop. Shows that the seed grasped on to something to survive, determination etc, and that the poet uses personification, and it gave the seed human like features, prevoking a lot of emotion, as it reminded me of a child.

^weird but I thought it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

i didnt get a chance to do it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

well thats a big fat 0 for me then.......i think im just a shallow person:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

frser32 wrote: »
    it was a fairly accessible poem..thought the theme was the conflict between religion and science..:)

How could I forget the word science! I used "astrology" :rolleyes: #fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    How could I forget the word science! I used "astrology" :rolleyes: #fail

Argh hate it when you forget words in an exam! I forgot the word "betrays" when writing about Edmund haha. Nothing we can do now

As for the poem, I said the mood was optimistic and hopeful, of renewal and new beginnings. Then I pretty much analysed the mechanics of it and mentioned the contrast of its first half, etc.

For the favourite image I also picked the fingers and raindrop, but I'm pretty sure I messed up that one a bit because I hated the poem and didn't know what to write that I hadn't written above >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Saw lupins and automatically thought of Lupus, wrote 'Lupus' down instead a few times until I realised that I was quoting a disease instead of a flower, cheers Lady Gaga.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

It was a pretty cool image, cause I imagined a baby. Dunno why, seed=youth=baby I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

i just said theres a dramatic conflict between the poets situation and that of the flowers, whatever came to my head really.
    i didnt think the poem was too bad pity i didnt have much time to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Argh hate it when you forget words in an exam! I forgot the word "betrays" when writing about Edmund haha. Nothing we can do now

As for the poem, I said the mood was optimistic and hopeful, of renewal and new beginnings. Then I pretty much analysed the mechanics of it and mentioned the contrast of its first half, etc.

For the favourite image I also picked the fingers and raindrop, but I'm pretty sure I messed up that one a bit because I hated the poem and didn't know what to write that I hadn't written above >_<

Haha I wrote something very similar to what you were on about there on question 1 and I also used the same quote for the image XD

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

scherzo! wrote: »
    I said "The poet handles a religiously-charged theme in a calm and original atheistic way." Then I started just praising the hell out of it and a whole load of other BS like "The creativity of the poem impacted me considerably".

religious? You mean atheist right? The poet didn't believe in god.
    Lol

I said I disliked the pagan ish qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I did awful in the unseen poem..

For my first paragraph I pretty much just said it was comprised of three sentences. First sentence was the poets despair and hope her garden survived the winter. Second was her joy after seeing the flowers had survived. Third was about her praising the seed and the sun instead of thanking God.

Next pararagraph was about the poem having a muscial feel because of the lack of full stops. Different aspects of the language, imagery, alliteration.. etc.

Finally a personal respone

• Registered Users Posts: 20 calleochosam

I said that the mood was gloomy/depressing to begin with and that it became better as the poem went on, as her 'personal difficulties' at home and her suffering had been relieved os something! And my image was the one of the final lines bout the sun and the seed, as it represented hope n ****e, blahhhhhhhaaa!

Bahahahahah My mate said that the poet had a case of the 'winter blues' and that she was suffering from a medical case of SAD( seasonal affective disorder) with the changing of seasons, hahahah pretty unique answer I thought! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

change in mood from gloomy to thankful.

image of loopyloo flower appealed due to personification and its emotional meaning for Poeticon5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

I thought I did an OK answer but I'm worried now because people are harping on about all the Chuch stuff being significant...

I did the personal response and just said I like the poet's personal voice and personal engagement with the theme of Spring which is something we can all relate to, the alliteration and rhyming made for pleasant-on-the-ear language use, the imagery was vivid and made me feel almost like I was the one steppin out of the house, and I like the metaphors used and the pathetic fallacy (wasn't sure if it was personification or pathetic fallacy) of the flowers having fingertips and that the poem was just generall pleasant and undemanding and showed that the simple things in life could offer hope and happiness etc. which any Leaving Cert student could relate to.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    Lol I just said it was joyous and loads about contrast between the house and the garden.
    Seriously crap poem though :L
    Same for me. Chose the contrasting light and colours from the gloomy house into the bright garden as my image. Only did 3 quarters of a page though due to lack of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yaknowamsayin

Kersmash wrote: »
    For the image I chose the one about the flower with the raindrops on it. Ranted on about the metaphor for hope and strength of the human spirit, and a good bit about the power of nature.
    I chose that too. Considering I had literally two minutes to write the answer I wrote that its a symbol of growth and that the promise is that the flower will grow and that its saying sorry for not growing during winter.

Advertisement