Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Smugness and Appreciation for Yeats, Rich, Kavanagh and Eliot.

• 10-06-2010 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I rolled the dice, and it payed off!

Happy as fcuk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I love you Rich. I know you're a lesbian and our love can never be, but I still love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Yeats. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I did Longley, Kavanagh, Rich and Boland. Saw Kavanagh and was so happy I got a boner legit

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Eliot, you long winded bastard you saved my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Implosiony

Eliot was my main player. He's so interesting and stands out the most = easy to learn. Had Yeats prepared, and ye all convinced me to prepare Boland too.

Anyway, Eliot was fine, had all 4 poets covered basically anwyway :P

Lear now on the other hand... *grumbles*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

'In the room the students come and go saying boland is all that had to know'

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

King Lear was quite the overwhelming question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Take a risk and it'll pay off - that's why i backed yeats' who actually was heavily tipped...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i appreciate your poetry William but I'm sorry - i'm going to have to go outside now with a lighter and burn every last note I have on you :D:D:D

it was good studying ya :D

buyah

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Thanks yeats, for being there for me when I needed you most haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

thank you rich!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Yeats has been on all my exams since the start of 4th year. Only ever learned him, and it payed off in both the mocks and the LC! Hehe..

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hon pa

You my boy patrick!!! you my boy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mark.oc

Reillyman wrote: »

Happy as fcuk!
    This. I feel I should take Yeats out to dinner after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Thank you yeats for not being able to get it up and writing about Byzantium muahahaha <3

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

i dont belong in this thread :( i hate rich :( stupid lesbian feminist bitch stole poor bolands place on the paper :(
    ..not that i have anything against stupid lesbian feminists btw.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

RyanK wrote: »
    Yeats has been on all my exams since the start of 4th year. Only ever learned him, and it payed off in both the mocks and the LC! Hehe..

I'm the exact same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Go on Yeats!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

nearly had a heart attack when i realised that Boland wasnt on but i think i'm better off as i was able to go for a nice little feminist rant during my Rich essay. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

3/4 of my men came up! :D
    I'm so happy I could jump out a window, can't even study geog now!

Come on Eliot, I knew you wouldn't let me down! :D

Gamble paid off, didn't even look at Boland or Rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

FredBaby! wrote: »
    nearly had a heart attack when i realised that Boland wasnt on but i think i'm better off as i was able to go for a nice little feminist rant during my Rich essay. Happy out!

Oh dear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Ah Kavanagh, you are in indeed Epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Yeats you legend! Thanks for all the tension between the real world you lived in and the ideal world you imagined!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Yeats, you grumpy b*****d, thanks for being there when I needed you the most. <3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shocxxxxxx

2 questions...First of all ya know the way it was spelled " yeats's " is it supposed to be " yeats' " or is that my imagination? And does it make sense to talk about september 1913 in todays yeats q? :)

xXxXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

shocxxxxxx wrote: »
    2 questions...First of all ya know the way it was spelled " yeats's " is it supposed to be " yeats' " or is that my imagination? And does it make sense to talk about september 1913 in todays yeats q? :)

xXxXx

Well, I did anyway. :p

Yeah, I sort of slipped it in when I was talking about his disgust with the lack of romantics left in Ireland (I was in the middle of proving a point about his hatred of imperfection, it made sense at the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

xXxXx

It's "Yeats's" Because Yeats is one syllable.

For the second question, I wrote about it anyway. Basically I said about Romantic Ireland being dead and gone in the real world but in the ideal world he wants Romantic Ireland to be alive... I don't know if that's right I'm a pure BS'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

xXxXx

it's allowed either way apparently but i usually use Yeats' - i read this in a thread before... i hope that person was right..

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Reillyman wrote: »

Happy as fcuk!

I didnt, but am glad for Kavanagh:)
    Such a nice question:D

Im trying not to get too smug, still a lot of work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

Yeats is the mother lovin' man :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I rolled the dice as well, but it didn't pay off!
    woo
    How many points is Poetry actually worth?

Advertisement