Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Smugness and Appreciation for Yeats, Rich, Kavanagh and Eliot.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

No Boland on the paper?! I don't know about anyone else's school, but most of mine back her and she didn't show!? Bleeding hilarious

All I can say is if your going to take the female poet shortcut, you should have known better than to shortcut the shortcut, would learning a whole 2 poets have killed you.. honestly like?.

Personally I backed Rich all along (Legit) because she was the curveball on last years paper, which was cancelled because of the leak (which EVERYONE knows), I nearly put money on them pulling a double-whammy stunt like this.. All I can say is the SEC are a bunch of cute auld hoors!? :D

In the end though I chose the Eliot question, the troubled character to end all troubled characters!? Though I only covered 5 poets in class, four of which came up!?. (Boland being my fifth!?)

The lesson to be learned from this year if anything is that the SEC WILL screw people over, so don't get caught out, and NEVER, and I mean EVER try to take shortcuts on shortcuts
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Kavanagh all the way!

Learnt him Yeats and a bit of Boland but was banking on Kavanagh coming up!

Great man! If he was alive I'd but him a drink! Some day in the summer I'm going to take a seat beside him on the grand canal and soak that scene aaaalllllll in :D:D:D:D

And I'm €5 richer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

thank God i did yeats as well! had a niggling feeling boland wouldnt come up..!
    for yeats i dno if i answered right.. nd for the unseen poem apparently it was a metaphorical winter.. didnt really get that but they cant deduct marks can they? i mean its what u read out of the poem yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xxGrainnexx

knew boland best but taught if she did come up that it'd be a terrible q. thank god i did now cos learned yeats and kavanagh pretty well and did a fair enoug q on kav!! :)

Advertisement