Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting p*ssed off?

• 10-06-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Is anyone else getting pissed off that the Irish times keep quoting these threads. They had some yesterday in the 'what the blogs say' section of exam times mixed with other internet sources. Today it's just from the paper one thread on boards yesterday. Lazy journalism I say, lazy!

maybe I'm just annoyed they didn't quote me.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

What exactly did the quote say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Phasers, Victoria and Alan were quoted on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im not pissed off this sounds like my chance to make it into the Irish Times!

I'll be pissed if they dont quote me though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would just like to say that the Irish Times is a bastion of quality journalism in this country, rising above the trend of gutter journalism to provide an unbiased, lucid and utterly enthralling viewpoint on modern Irish society.

(d'ya reckon that will work?)

damn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Phasers, Victoria and Alan were quoted on Tuesday

Huh?

Anyone know what they said?:confused:

Victoria. wrote: »
    Huh?

Anyone know what they said?:confused:

you said your happy you dont do home ec and feel sorry for the people who do. And the combinations of french/history and maths/geog are "yuck" :p Not sure what thread thats from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Who do they credit the statements to? Would've thought they were supposed to ask permission before quoting someone, but that would be too much for lazy journos.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

you said your happy you dont do home ec and feel sorry for the people who do. And the combinations of french/history and maths/geog are "yuck" :p Not sure what thread thats from

Oh right. Thanks. Was awaiting a response with dread :pac:
    Didn't have a clue what the were gonna say about me at all. *Sigh of relief*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 scherzo!

Everyone, think of something profound to say so some lazy journalist can make us quasi famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

HI MAMMY

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I hope they use my twisted eliot qoute slagging off boland only students in their paper tomorrow .

Edit: Much better, thanks Randylonghorn ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dazco wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting pissed off that the Irish times keep quoting these threads. They had some yesterday in the 'what the blogs say' section of exam times mixed with other internet sources. Today it's just from the paper one thread on boards yesterday. Lazy journalism I say, lazy!
    I guess it's a good way of getting honest comments, unbiased by the "we're being interviewed!" vibe ...
    Who do they credit the statements to? Would've thought they were supposed to ask permission before quoting someone, but that would be too much for lazy journos.
    Difficult to ask permission from anonymous posters though, Brian ... and in essence they are quoting material which has already been published.
    Crow92 wrote: »
    I hope they use my twisted eliot qoute slagging off boland only students in their paper tomorrow ...Cough......
    cough-syrup.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh, and ye are in the Indo as well btw ... MavisDavis, Shano(theslayer?) and someone else quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Was I???

Probably not.

Advertisement