Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you laughed when Boland didn't come up? :D

• 10-06-2010 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I did :D
    Thought immediately: ''all the people who were banking on her will be freaked!''
    Only themselves to blame though at the end of the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

I did but then I felt really bad for doing it! It seemed like every second person was banking on Boland!I only knew Kavanagh and Boland so I guess i got pretty lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Died a little bit inside...then laughed! C'est la vie, eh?!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Yeah I immediately looked around and laughed at the expressions and general mood, even though I was goin doin her too. Yeats saved my ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I was shocked when she didn't. Realised I had studied Kavanagh so I did that and it was grand. Weird atmosphere when everyone flicked to the poets....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ithoughtitwasap

I agree completely, thought I suppose if I had taken the chance I'd be bullin' as well! I did indeed laugh though, looked around the room and saw so many sad and angry faces, made me laugh harder.

They was like :eek: :confused: :mad: :(

I was like :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

it didnt bother me i was banking on yeats but there was a girl in our year who spent the day going on about how she knew rich came up last time but was hoping for bolan. quite funny when she opened the paper and screamed YESSSS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Two of my mates between them wrote three quarters of a page in total. One got 7 lines in, the other half a page! :eek:
    My sympathy goes out to them, But thank god I don't share empathy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

FredBaby! wrote: »
    Died a little bit inside...then laughed! C'est la vie, eh?!:rolleyes:

How could you laugh? :(
    I was banking on her. I didn't study any other poets. I'm an idiot I know, but bad form to all the grinds teachers for saying she was coming up like it was fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

I did but then I felt really bad for doing it! It seemed like every second person was banking on Boland!I only knew Kavanagh and Boland so I guess i got pretty lucky!

SAME. LOVED the kavangh q, a fair few people were really upset about boland though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

ahhh you could kinda hear this sharp intakeof breath in the room

loved it myself. the yeats and kavanagh questions were lovely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

I laughed, and immediately looked around the room to see peoples' faces. Quite funny when everyone looks at the poetry first.

EDIT: Actually, at first I just saw Yeats, marked it that went on to do the paper. But I then I doubled checked only to realise Boland wasn't on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I laughed when I saw Rich and Kavanagh. Then no Boland and I had to chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

i just laughed and laughed and laughed because everyone told me i was thick stupid to study kavanagh and ignore boland XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Guess I'm not the only one who laughed when I saw Rich there. Of course, the only smile came when I saw Kavanagh on the list. Part of me disappointed that she didn't came up since I know her a lot better than Kavanagh -_-, was hoping no female poet come up at all to throw the average down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

One lad shouted "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" another just planted his face on the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

To Quote a friend's facebook
    me and bosco just looked at each other and laughed....and then his "see ya next year..same place same time" haha

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I laughed. But was bloody delighted when I saw Yeats and Kavanagh Q's. Both were real nice questions. Ended up doing Kavanagh and got 3 good pages out of it.

Paper 1 went very well too so I'll be hoping for B ! :) Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

Lukker- wrote: »
    One lad shouted "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" another just planted his face on the desk.
    what did the supervisors do? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

When I saw that she didn't make an appearance it was such a shock!
    I hate her anyway so didn't even study her.
    Eliot, now he writes real poetry :) Fantastic man, I knew he wouldn't let me down. So happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Yes, I just laughed to myself when I saw the list of poets.
    I learned Longley, Kavanagh and Boland and I kinda knew bits of Rich.
    So I ended up doing Kavanagh. The question couldn't have been easier!
    So poetry was grand for me. :D
    But anyone who was completely relying on Boland I do feel a little sorry for them.
    Just a little though! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Only for kavanagh...

I was lucky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Who else here hopes that the Irish times would quote these thread about Boland?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

bad form to all the grinds teachers for saying she was coming up like it was fact.

Is it not bad form that you believed them?!

At the end of the day , no one knows really for sure - ALL the shows on the radio and grinds teachers i know said they it was JUST a prediction , nothing concrete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I didn't laugh at the fact that she didn't come up, I laughed at the fact that Yeats did. What a guy, what a legend, what an essay. So pleased.

I kinda felt bad for the people in my year who banked on Boland. There were a good few people who are just not good at English and don't enjoy it, and they studied Boland because they thought she'd be the "easiest". So, I kinda felt bad for them. Like, a lot of people who don't like English and aren't good at it would have been betting on her, it's a shame in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

+1.

Thank you Yeatsy boy. Did him this morning!

I laughed because I hate her, and Kavanagh & Yeats were always my best...then felt bad for everyone who relied on her...then felt worse when I realised how rubbish the comparative qs were...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

i laughed.....then looked and realised that i could do yeats or eliot.....was wrecked by that stage so just did yeats as opposed to grappling with eliot.....great paper it must be said :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Although I sort of wanted her to come up, I had studied 5...and was quite pleased she didn't, just to screw the f*ckers that only did her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

My mate said that he was going to rip a vagina if Boland doesn't come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

got the complete shaft today:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement