Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy (strip) test question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

2 stripes = positive
    1 stripe = negative or invalid test.

you also need to dip these ones rather than pee directly onto them. hold the strip vertically up to the black "max" line for 10-15 sec and then lay flat for a couple of minutes before reading result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a mill hunnymonster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hi,

Probably a very silly question, but if anyone here has used these pregnancy tests from happybumps.com;

https://www.happybumps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=4

Can you please tell me what is a positive and what is a negative result on this?
    They came with no instructions! :o

Mine came with not instructions either...bit of a pain huh? Ive been peeing on my opks though....take it thats not going to be a big deal is it? Although it has shown no signs of my ovulating since my mc 4 weeks ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

mrsberries wrote: »
    Mine came with not instructions either...bit of a pain huh? Ive been peeing on my opks though....take it thats not going to be a big deal is it? Although it has shown no signs of my ovulating since my mc 4 weeks ago :confused:

Don't pee on OPK strips. There is a dip line that you're not to go past (on most tests it's a black line) so peeing on them fecks up the test.

Only pee on the ones in a casette / plastic case, although you can dip these as well. ;)

Hi,

Probably a very silly question, but if anyone here has used these pregnancy tests from happybumps.com;

https://www.happybumps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=4

Can you please tell me what is a positive and what is a negative result on this?

slightly off topic: I don't find Happybumps to be particuarly good value... I buy all of my ovulation and pg strips from eBay or Amazon. I have hundreds of them :o but I'm a bulk buyer. During the ovulatory fertile window I test 2/3 times a day.....

• Advertisement

Don't pee on OPK strips. There is a dip line that you're not to go past (on most tests it's a black line) so peeing on them fecks up the test.

Only pee on the ones in a casette / plastic case, although you can dip these as well. ;)

Ooops, now im totally confused!!! No idea where I am cycle wise or when my period should return :confused: I know I should have put testing aside for a while after the mc, but got impatient and curious :P

I wont be ordering them again though, lack of instructions sent is kind of rubbish.

Silly me, I thought with the ovulation one's you just tested once that day :o

It is really frustrating not receiving the instructions with either.
    The first pregnancy test I dipped the wrong end in so that was that wasted, the second I read the result after one minute then binned it, whereas I think I should've given it 5 minutes to develop.
    Ok it made no difference for the pregnancy test, but with the ovulation test when I checked it 3/4 minutes later there was a faint second line which I had missed by also binning that one after one minute :rolleyes:

I also thought all pregnancy test were used midstream, to be honest I wouldnt've bought the dip in cup type had I known otherwise, hate the whole thing of having to pee in a cup (aim not good :o)

:

I also thought all pregnancy test were used midstream, to be honest I wouldnt've bought the dip in cup type had I known otherwise, hate the whole thing of having to pee in a cup (aim not good :o)

LOL, me too!!! I found it really annoying, as the first pregnancy tests I had taken I spent time devouring the instructions to make sure it was alright so to get no indication how to use them (bought a combo pack) was really frustrating. So looks like ive wasted a load by peeing on them and throwing them away as soon as the Control line comes up :rolleyes: Ah well, once they run out I may invest in clearblue as found them idiotproof :P

I personally think with all tests you should wait 5 mins before binning. I know different kit can have different instructions but of all the various brands I have bought, 5 minutes seems to be the general rule of thumb. Results before that time limit, or afterwards during the drying process, are not reliable in my lengthy experience

These are the test I have. Blue is pg, green is OPK. The black line is the dip line. This type of kit is not for peeing on:

31mj59bIzTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

for internet bought items, you probably would have only gotten a simple one page instruction like this. not much more info is provided unfortunately.

MM-STHCG-DIP_instructions.jpg

Silly me, I thought with the ovulation one's you just tested once that day :o

don't worry, testing once a day is fine. There can be a risk though of missing the hormonal surge that gives you the positive OPK (as some people's surge doesn't last very long). I test at about 2pm and 7/8pm each (try to avoid fluid intake and hold pee for 3/4 hours prior to testing). I never test with First Morning Urine as that can give both false positives and false negatives (false positive as sometimes FMU is too concentrated, false negative because although you might surge overnight, Luteinising Hormone doesn't synthesise in the body and urine until later the next day).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 tcullen

Hi Guys,

I get all my test from another site in Ireland. Im only new to the site so I don't know if I'm allowed to post the address. I don't find the ones from the happyB good value. I like another girl used to get mine from ebay. I'm in the 2 ww now so will be testing every day from here on in.

Very addictive:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sootiescot

Hi I get mine from youdreamababy.com. Not expensive. I know what you mean about addictive, I test nearly every day in the two week wait.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tcullen

Hi sootiescot, haven't tried them, will check them out. Anything to save some money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gillburke

Hi,

Mine came with very good instructions but I found the product to be poor and the company were to quick to blame the woman and not there product - didn't offer a refund or to exchange the goods! Need to learn some serious customer service skill - would not recommend them - will try some of the other companies mentioned on here!

If you haven't found a place to get more tests, I just came across an Irish site http://www.inhealth.ie, they're doing 20 tests for €11.99 & thankfully they have the instructions printed on each pack for eejits like me :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I find this site invaluable
    http://www.peeonastick.com/

I got a good deal from SME fertility and would use them again for OPKs 50 for £5.62 but the so called ultra early pregancy tests ( 20 for €4.70) were no good for early testing. Didn't show positive for days after first response did.

The OPK instructions were very basic as in printed on back of packet but once I gor familiar with the above site everything became clearer.

I got my positive in the morning/midday and according to the above site there is no false positive for opk unless you have pcos or another problem. Maybe I had my surge late the previous day. So I probably will test 3 times a day from day 12 to 18 as I was late ovulating last time( day 17).

But they certainly worked as I would normally have had enough of the deed by day 17 :)

Advertisement