Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unsure help please

• 10-06-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

i posted this in after hours but feel id get better responses here. my granny who is 97 is in hospital and could die any minute. she was sent in last night with a heart problem.
    i have a holiday planned to go to china for a month with a few friends, leaving dublin on wednesday. i obviously dont want to miss this holiday or change my flights etc but what would my family think if i missed her funeral? is it a big no no or would people be inclined to think ''u have to go on your holiday''

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

If you've had the plans for a long time and it's a once in a lifetime chance, I think the generally accepted idea is to go. She'd want you to go wouldnt she? Mine died in very late July, so the funeral was in August, and my cousin had a flight booked to America so he went. He was reluctant but everyone agreed it was the best thing to do, although I'm pretty sure he was present for at least part of the funeral.

Sorry to hear, hope things work out. *hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

chat to your family im sure they would tell you to go. what would your gran say? for me my granny died when i was in london years ago. i was gutted when i didnt say good bye to her, you have your chance to hugg her and kiss her and tell her good bye and you will see her when you get back. did the doctors say that she may not pull trough?

I agree with cats above, have a chat with your family. My grandmother died suddenly the night before a cousin left for South America, my brother was in Australia and my parents due to fly to the Canaries for a week a few days later. No one changed their plans. My grandad insisted on it. An uncle of mine died after a long illness when I was just visiting a friend in England, my mother told me there was no need to come home for the funeral. This sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. See what your family advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

I'm 110% sure that she'd rather pass in the knowledge that a grand kid is heading off on a once in a lifetime experience rather than wallowing at a funeral.

With that said the civil thing would be to talk to your parents?

Advertisement