Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineerin..How'd ye Fair?

• 10-06-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Personally i thought it was unbelievably hard :rolleyes:
    the only thing that may have saved me was the accelerometer...i was able to answer everything on it cuz of the handout LIT made..
    other than that though...i looked at the paper and my answers, added it up and i think i MAY hav scraped a pass in honours :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

Personally i thought it was unbelievably hard :rolleyes:
    the only thing that may have saved me was the accelerometer...i was able to answer everything on it cuz of the handout LIT made..
    other than that though...i looked at the paper and my answers, added it up and i think i MAY hav scraped a pass in honours :/

I've been failing engineering exams for the past few months (whenever I got them) now. I didn't do metalwork in the JC so it was completely new waters for me.
    I thought this exam was absolutely fantastic though. Really pleased with it. I spent hours cramming last night and everything that came up I had covered fairly well. I was really pleased. :P
    If it makes you feel better English totally screwed me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I thought the accelerometer question was quite difficult.

How the f**k can you draw vibration!?

Nonetheless, the rest of the paper was alright to answer on except for the part (c) on Q3 - the heat treatment. I said Flame Hardening and explained it but even nearly 8 hours now after the exam I still have a gut feeling it was Carburising (increasing the carbon content of surface layers)...

Anyone hazard a guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Viva La Cozzy

Fernicia wrote: »
    I've been failing engineering exams for the past few months (whenever I got them) now. I didn't do metalwork in the JC so it was completely new waters for me.
    I thought this exam was absolutely fantastic though. Really pleased with it. I spent hours cramming last night and everything that came up I had covered fairly well. I was really pleased. :P
    If it makes you feel better English totally screwed me over.

Are you doing honours? i heard the pass paper was incredibly easy :/ ppl in my class were finished it after a half hour :O
    Trust me it does make me feel better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Viva La Cozzy

Burswood wrote: »
    How the f**k can you draw vibration!?

I was able for that :D it was on the last page of the LIT handout i looked at this morning.
    its like a small black rectangle and you draw 3 curved lines at either side to give the impression that its actually vibrating :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yesplease!

it wasnt a bad paper. easy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Coming out of it I thought I did terrrilbly. Spent way too much time on QS 1 and 2 and rushed the rest of the paperbut looking over the paper now i think i might have gotten a C2 or ther abouts. was looking for a B but oh well

Advertisement