Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

italian bread

Options
  • 10-06-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

In a local italian restaurant here they have beautiful bread they serve with the dinner... I've mailed them asking is there any chance of the recipie but they never replied

Its a nice firm bread with salt on the crust.. anyone any nice "italian bread" recipies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Italian bread is one of the nicest breads in the world :)

How adventurous are you and do you bake your bread in the oven or in a bread machine? We have a lazy fondness for the ready made Ciabatta mix sold in Lidl. It's sold in a 1kg bag for €1.49 which will make two full size loaves. Add half of the bag to the bread machine plus 360ml of lukewarm water and a large tablespoon of olive oil and set your bread machine to the dedicated Italian bread program (if it has that option). Mine does but it takes 4 and a half hours! Nice bread though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I use the oven unkel

Thanks i'll give that a try ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Typhoon. wrote: »
    In a local italian restaurant here they have beautiful bread they serve with the dinner... I've mailed them asking is there any chance of the recipie but they never replied

Its a nice firm bread with salt on the crust.. anyone any nice "italian bread" recipies?

what is the restaurant? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Its a local rest here in waterford

thanks Unkel that bread is lovely... have eaten nearly a whole loaf already

will def be making it a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice one - whenever I make it it's gone within the hour :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement