Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths Help

• 10-06-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

okaaaay, this makes me sound incredibly stoopid butttt...i was going over some exam questions that I did earlier on this year, & I cant for the life of me figure out how I got this step in my answer! :/ it was in the 1999 paper 1, question 5 (c)

its a proof my induction question, and in my answer i went straight from
    k/6 ( k + 1 )( 2k + 1 ) + 6/6 ( k + 1 )2

to
    k+1/6 [ k( 2k + 1 ) + 6( k + 1 )]

& I cant remember how I did this! can anyone give me a hand with it cos I know its the right answer but I cant bloody remember it.. :confused: :L

(i couldnt figure out how ta do fractions & squares on this so the little writing is fractions & the big is squares..!:rolleyes:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

(k+1)/6 is a common factor in your first expression. Can you see the rest now?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Ohhh! Thanku so much! :D

Advertisement