Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much did you write, on average?

• 10-06-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Just out of curiosity. :p

My handwriting is really small and scrunched up, so I'm kind of worried they'll think I didn't write enough. I wrote two pages for the single text (Wuthering Heights), a little over two pages for the comparative study (Literary Genre), about three quarters of a page for the unseen poetry, and two pages for Yeats.

I know it might not seem like a lot, but if my handwriting was a "normal" size, it would probably double the page amount.

How about you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I wrote exactly 9 pages in paper 2.
    King Lear = 3 pages
    GV and VP = 1 for part (a) and 1+1/2 for (b)
    Unseen Poetry = 1 page
    Yeats = 2+1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

4 for Lear, 7 for GV+V, 2 for unseen, 3 for poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

2 for Lear, 6 for poetry, 6 comparitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

4 1/2 for Lear
    4 1/2 for Gen. Vis. and Viewpoint
    1 for Unseen
    4 for Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

22 pages-my handwriting gets really big and spaced out when I'm writing quickly so I'll explain differently.

6 paras Single text (including intro and conc)
    6 paras part (a) g.v.v, part (B) 6, but obviously longer.
    5 quite long paras for Yeats
    Page and a half unseen poetry-3/4 pg each for part 1 and 2 of Q.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Filled two books... yup thats me speedy Gonzales in the corner...

No seriously why oh why does everyone ask this question?? It doesn't mean anything people, think about it theres a lot of stupid people out there with a lot to say for themselves and Stephen Hawkings cant even say his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I wrote far too much for Lear. Got around five and a half pages in, even with my rather small writing. Got six in for GV+V, but only got a paragraph on Yeats hastily scribbled before time ran out! :(

It's my own fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Its not about quantity it is about quality at the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

16 pages over all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

No seriously why oh why does everyone ask this question?? It doesn't mean anything people, think about it theres a lot of stupid people out there with a lot to say for themselves and Stephen Hawkings cant even say his name.

I was just worried about the size of my handwriting. :o I'm almost sure I'm going to lose marks for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

4 for Lear
    7 for GV+V
    6 for Rich
    1.5 for unseen poem

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

7 for the LG, 5 for Yeats, 4.5 for Lear and 2 for unseen poetry! I get real worried when people ask for more paper :P

I was just worried about the size of my handwriting. :o I'm almost sure I'm going to lose marks for it.

you won't its this weird little competition people seem to have going on, and an examiner will be able to tell you wrote more than it looks, just like your teacher can tell when you enlarge your writing threefold and stick in inch long spaces to make it look like you know what your talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

you won't its this weird little competition people seem to have going on, and an examiner will be able to tell you wrote more than it looks, just like your teacher can tell when you enlarge your writing threefold and stick in inch long spaces to make it look like you know what your talking about!

Thanks. :) I'm pretty happy with what I wrote, so here's hoping it all goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

4 pages for Kavanagh
    1.5 for unseen

5 for GVV

1.5 for Lear.. Yeaah I did awfully bad for Lear.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

Hmm.

5 and 3/4 pages on Yeats.
    5 pages on Comparatives.
    4 and a half on Lear.
    1 for Unseen.

16 and a half pages in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

zam wrote: »
    7 for the LG, 5 for Yeats, 4.5 for Lear and 2 for unseen poetry! I get real worried when people ask for more paper :P

LOL

So true! One guy cleared a whole booklet today. It's insane how much people can keep stored up there, he probably BS'd his way through some of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

4 - lear
    gv+vp - 4
    unseen - 2
    yeats - 4 (so proud of my bullshiiting skills here)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Lear - 3
    Unseen - 1
    Poetry - 3 1/2
    Comparative - 4
    Total - 11 1/2(most I've ver done,had 20 mins to read over my work too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I typed out 15 pages, or about 7,000 words, between both papers. Unfortunately I haven't really found an average words per page to go by... not many people know how many words they can fit on a page/line :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Lear - 5 and a bit , really happy with it
    Unseen - 2 pages , so happy with my personal response...!
    Comparative - 4 or 5 but wasnt that happy with it
    Eliot - 4 / 5 pages but only 2 poems discussed really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

As someone who has examined Eng HL P II, I can tell you it doesn't matter a damn how much you wrote, or the size of your handwriting ... it's the quality of what you write.

This "how much did you write?" thing baffles me every year!

Seriously, what is it about LC that starts everyone obsessing about length and size?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

I did about eight lines for the Unseen poetry. Seriously, I got bored and went home.
    3 and a bit for General Vision and Viewpoint
    2 and a half for King Lear
    2 and a half for Yeats

May not be as much as you crazy kids, but I think it was good stuff for the most part.
    As someone who has examined Eng HL P II, I can tell you it doesn't matter a damn how much you wrote, or the size of your handwriting ... it's the quality of what you write.

Seriously, what is it about LC that starts everyone obsessing about length and size?!

Thank you sir, for putting minds at ease. Would you say a lot of stuff you got that was in the region of 3 pages was of good quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

fufureida wrote: »
    2 for Lear, 6 for poetry, 6 comparitive.

why would you write 4 more pages for Poetry than Lear, when lear is worth more marks?

callaway92 wrote: »
    why would you write 4 more pages for Poetry than Lear, when lear is worth more marks?

actually lear is 60 poetry is 70 overall... just to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

callaway92 wrote: »

Why do you honestly even care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

3 1/2 in all of the questions except the Unseen - 3/4 of a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I write on average 7 or 8 words a line.

Lear - 3 1/2 pages
    GVVP - 4 1/2 pages
    Unseen - 2 pages
    Rich - 3 1/2 pages

So 13 1/2 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Seriously, what is it about LC that starts everyone obsessing about length and size?! :D

One and a half pages, large hadwriting. Focused points, no BS, can't possibly get an A?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

unknown13 wrote: »
    Why do you honestly even care.

why do you honestly care to quote my post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement