Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct mix for bluestone and washing soda?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

I was using ditane in previous years for blight protection. This year I am going to use bluestone and washing soda. What is the correct mix and how should I mix it?. How much of each will I need to make a batch for a 15L knapsack?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Google is your friend Jimmy: http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/recipes.htm

For 15 litres, you need to mix in 150g of bluestone and 180g of baking soda. Use immediately.

Homemade blight mixes are apparently banned by the Dept. of Agriculture but then again Dithane is not a very nice chemical either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Willie John

Spraying potatoes with bluestone & washing soda,
    Should it be steep it directly into the water OR should i put it in muslim like bag and steep
    - because my back sprayer is getting cloged all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Willie John

Spraying potatoes with bluestone & washing soda
    My back sprayer is getting clogged each time i spray,
    I steep the washing soda and bluestone in a barrel
    Any suggestings

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paddieland

To stop it clogging the sprayer mix it up and stir it occasionally for a couple of days before putting it in the sprayer.

Advertisement