Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency............please help...

• 10-06-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭

Have a loan of a canon 400D. Taking out the CF card few hours ago and the CF eject button broke on me. It fell into the slot where it normally sits.

Where can I get this repaired? I need it done tomorrow or ASAP as I have to give the camera back this weekend.

Advice on where to bring it too also.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Where abouts are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Does it not pop out only when you insert the memory card in?
    I don't know, I am only thinking with my fingertips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Based in South Dublin. Have to get it fixed.

Any idea on cost?

No it just stays down. It looks like it has unclipped from the side metal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

I've always found, Conns and Gunns very helpful, no idea how much it'll cost to fix it, but perhaps head in early in the morning in case whoever is fixing it needs the full day. Best of luck hope it all works out ok.

Thanks lads.

• Advertisement

Everywhere is telling me two weeks min to get fixed. Thats mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

T-rev wrote: »

Would I be right in thinking that a lot of those camera shops would have a third party that would actually do the work, perhaps trying to find a dedicated camera repair centre is your best bet. Other than that, perhaps the best thing is to come clean with your friend and tell them it's broken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

OREGATO wrote: »
    . Other than that, perhaps the best thing is to come clean with your friend and tell them it's broken...

horrified_look.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

There's a boarsie here who fixes cameras. He may be able to help you. But he's in Greystones if that's any use.

Camera care said they will repair it. Depending on the turnaround time I am gonna offer them more to fix it quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Give Declan a shout in the Camera Repair Centre - he'll sort you out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

T-rev wrote: »
    they may have to order in a spare part, and are factoring in possible delays, so that's quite reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I think this calls for a dastardly plan by the OP which involves opening up the camera.

Take a few pics OP (with another camera of course) and show us the damage (before and after :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

how did it go with the repair? I can take a look at it quick and let you know what i can do? unfortunately im only free on sunday though. The 400D isnt hard to dismantle yourself but only attempt it with the proper screwdriver or no one will be able to open it without alot of trouble ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The 400D isnt hard to dismantle yourself but only attempt it with the proper screwdriver or no one will be able to open it without alot of trouble ;)
    brave would be the man who'd open up a camera which didn't belong to him without the owner's knowledge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

brave would be the man who'd open up a camera which didn't belong to him without the owner's knowledge...

Very true that is :)
    to be honest its not a major part of the camera and you can operate the camera without the button by pulling the card out by the lip it has.
    sure it would make things a little slower to change but i wouldnt say its anything major.

well its not my camera so it has to be fixed. its been fixed today for a hefty price of €138

Advertisement