Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving job - entitlement to last years bonus?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've handed in my notice to my work & will be finishing in July. The company pay an annual bonus (related to performance in the preceding year-2009). I've been told what mine is but I don't have anything in writing.

I now have a feeling that the company will try to avoid paying the bonus. Are they entitled to do this?

Seeing as I worked all of 2009 & the bonus is related to that year I feel I should be entitled to it in full. Anyone have any experience of a situation like this or advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Depends on your contract; many contracts state you have to be employed on the day the bonus is paid out and if you are not then you'll get no bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Nody wrote: »
    Depends on your contract; many contracts state you have to be employed on the day the bonus is paid out and if you are not then you'll get no bonus.
    Spot on..
    Check your contract or any information relating to the bonus scheme, ours detailed the final dates you needed to be working to get the annual payout..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It all depends on what your contract says about bonuses.

Advertisement