Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backing the draws in the World Cup

• 10-06-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,

One of my mates suggested the following gamble for the World Cup. Basically back the draw in every game. If a game is not a draw then double up in the next game, and so on until a draw happens! (I suppose its a bit like the red/black roulette bet). Historically around 28% of World Cup games end in draws.

What are peoples thoughts on this. I am aware if I start with a tenner in the first game, it could quickly double up to big money if there are no draws for the first few days and I would need a bit of money to bank roll this, but I am interested to see what other peoples views in it are.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

i think this system is called the martingale system and its to be avoided, if you keep doubling your bets you will get wiped out for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Avoid.

Never chase your losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Most draws are minimum of 9/4 up to a max of about 4/1.
    Have a look at past world cups and see how many where you would have made money backing all draws in the matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Just taking the last World Cup as a random sample, and just using the group games for the purposes of this example, a profit of about 8 grand would have been made. (I made the conservative assumption of a draw being priced at 2/1).
    That is with an initial 10 euro starting bet. It did roll over to placing a 5 grand bet at one stage though...so would have needed 10k capital behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

494 profit so far using this system. Been a lot of low scoring games in the opening round with 5 draws so far out of 12 games.
    I think I'll quit soon enough while the going is good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Keep it up for the first round of games. Eventually the teams will figure out the crappy match balls and will become more desperate for points in the second rounds. Hopefully they'll start to play a bit of football :eek:

Advertisement