Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A dedicated server with IPs in the UK and US on a budget?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I've been using my home box for SHH tunneling when I'm accessing the internet when I'm not there but I don't like leaving it on all the time just for that, I also don't like when I've to leave it overnight to download and seed torrents.

I'd too like to be able access BCC iPlayer and HULU with a UK and US IP. An Irish IP would be a plus.

Overplay is of course a great service but it doesn't provide a dedicated server along the lines of OVH/Kimsufi's C-250G where I could set up my own private VPN etc which would better suit my needs. Although they do provide 2 French IP addresses and 2 of your choosing from any European country they operate in, they unfortunately can't help me access HULU in America.

I could of course get both services but I'd rather it all from the one provider, can you recommend one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

I doubt you will find a company that offers all of what your are looking for.

A few companies might have offices & servers in the UK & US but if you want an IP Address in both countries I would imagine you would have to rent 2 real or virtual servers - one in each location.

I use a virtual server from bytemark in the UK for a few things including Iplayer via squid proxy and they are grand although OVH/Kimsufi's seem to be offering a lot more for less money.... Thinking..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've provided IPs in multiple countries to clients in the past - it's all down to how the ranges are registered

However, if it's for getting round country based IP restrictions it probably wouldn't work...

Advertisement