Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scared About Maths

• 10-06-2010 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I failed ORD maths for the mocks and i haven't done a hole lot a study for it these past few weeks, just covered a few questions that were buggin me in paper one really during that optional week off after graduation (i came in to school ;) )
    I'm gettin up tomorrow at about 9, i've some stuff to do first then i'm hittin the books at about 10...is roughly 4 hours enough cramming time to help me pass paper one? help me i'm ****ing bricks here :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Diffrientiation. Its 3 questions on paper 1, and its very easy. You could pass those 3 questions in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Yeah, seconding what Neon-circles said. Differentiation would be ideal, especially as it covers half of what you should know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

I failed ORD maths for the mocks and i haven't done a hole lot a study for it these past few weeks, just covered a few questions that were buggin me in paper one really during that optional week off after graduation.

I'm the exact same. I'm bricking it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

maths teacher on the radio this evening said it's ok to do all the part a's first if you want to build your confidence. But like don't put all the part a's on one page. Leave room to come back to your b's and c's. He seemed to think 2 pages would do for each answer. I dunno about that but the important thing he said is to give the examiner enough stuff so he can give you 38%. Teacher said 38% is a pass in maths. He said to go over the last 2 years of papers. And don't get bogged down on a part c. Attempt as many questions as you are supposed to and don't get yourself into a situation where you run out of time. He said a big reason people fail is because they only do 4 questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Yeah, I'm going to just mainly focus on the a)s and b)s for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Viva La Cozzy

thanks lads i'll be sure to make sure i know differentiation off tomrrow...whats the other big questions i should be lookin to study ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Im going to study now and sleep in in the morning. Sometimes I find the part c's easier than the b's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I can't wait for Maths. Easy A1. Sorry to act like a fag. I did honours till January then gave it up and my god, when you drop down its so damn easy. Should be done fairly fast too, might make it home for opening world cup game, I should in anyways.

Don't worry about it man. You'll be fine, you'll pass. The 2 algebra questions are usually very nice. Don't worry or panic, if you do then it could go bad. Just work through questions and understand what to do for certain questions, it'll all fall into place;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

thanks lads i'll be sure to make sure i know differentiation off tomrrow...whats the other big questions i should be lookin to study ?

questions 4 and 5 according to this >>>> http://www.rte.ie/exams/mathsnotes/ordinarypaper.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Complex Numbers. Not a long chapter and it's a guarenteed Q.4

This might help, as it covers all you need to know:
    http://www.studentxpress.ie/ordinary/ordcomp.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

You can get a C grade on answering A & B questions alone. So forget about C questions for now. Don't forget you'll get attempt marks so at least try everything you can!

Advertisement