Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level Irish Essay

• 10-06-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips for an essay to come up on Monday.. I haven't learned any yet so I have to take into them all from tommorrow evening.. doesn't help that I have higher maths to deal with as well..

Thinking of doing Foreigan/Corriulacht, Something about the Culu Eacnamiochta, An t-adhclai, and a nice simple fabhanna soisialta to steal paragraphs from for a essay on anything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

How about general problems among teenagers? Or, yeah, like you said, just manipulate the fabhanna soisialta question? I might do something about siopa cinn, since that seems to be a hot topic lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

I might do something about siopa cinn, since that seems to be a hot topic lately.

The papers are made out around November so that wasn't really topical back then but maybe you'd be able to shtick it into social problems.

I'm doing problems with young people, the environment, the economy, education and politicians. My paragraphs overlap alot so it makes like that tiny bit easier.

It's paper 2 i'm more worried about!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

I'm doing problems with young people, the environment, the economy, education and politicians.

Same for me except the education part! If I get time i might go through it but with paper 2 theres so much..

Would be so happy if something like " eireann sa la ata inniu ann" or "staid na tire" came up.. wishful thinking>!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

im taking a huuuuuge gamble & am just learning off a v.random scéal that will hopefully cover any topic.. :/

PARARORY wrote: »
    Same for me except the education part! If I get time i might go through it but with paper 2 theres so much..

Would be so happy if something like " eireann sa la ata inniu ann" or "staid na tire" came up.. wishful thinking>!

Oh god, that'd be beautiful! I would cry with tears of joy if it was something like that.

For paper 2 i want:

either Fiche Bliain/La Bui Bealtaine

Nil Aon Ni/Jack

Uirchill

and not a clue yet about stair but i'll probably steer clear of what came up the last 2 years

• Advertisement

We wre told never to even attempt the sceal unless we a re a modern day shakespeare in Irish - sample a1 sceal we were shown was so detailed - you wouldnt even be able to write that well in english!
    For paper 2 i want:

either Fiche Bliain/La Bui Bealtaine
    Nil Aon Ni/Jack
    Uirchill
    and not a clue yet about stair but i'll probably steer clear of what came up the last 2 years

Do Aisling Polaitiuil - if Uirchil doesnt come up it could... and essentialy its two birds with one stone because the possible question for Uirchil could be " explain how this is a aisling p"...

Jack + Nil Aon Ni + gealt/Bimse. I'd say Jack will be compulsory!
    They've really raped Faoiseamh for all its worth at this stage so its unlikely...

Fiche Bliain and Clare Sa Speir for sure =)

Uirchil / An Chead Drama

An Triail - hopefully something about how ****e a life they all had...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

im just learning polataiocht (have yet to write it as our teacher refused to prepare it with us, she preferred to waste time on "Ainmhithe-cairde nó bia?" and "Rothaíoch- is mór idir inniú agus inne"), daoine oga (2 diff essays, a general one and one focusing on drugs&alcohol) and something about the weather (climate change, floods, big freeze, haiti)

PARARORY wrote: »
    We wre told never to even attempt the sceal unless we a re a modern day shakespeare in Irish - sample a1 sceal we were shown was so detailed - you wouldnt even be able to write that well in english!

Do Aisling Polaitiuil - if Uirchil doesnt come up it could... and essentialy its two birds with one stone because the possible question for Uirchil could be " explain how this is a aisling p"...

Jack + Nil Aon Ni + gealt/Bimse. I'd say Jack will be compulsory!
    They've really raped Faoiseamh for all its worth at this stage so its unlikely...

Fiche Bliain and Clare Sa Speir for sure =)

Uirchil / An Chead Drama

An Triail - hopefully something about how ****e a life they all had...

Yeah an chead drama would be handy enough too!

We dont do an triail, we do peig, cause we're special *rolls eyes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

it's gonna be such a fun weekend:rolleyes::rolleyes:

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    it's gonna be such a fun weekend:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh stop! All the rest of mine are crammed in next week

Maths & Irish
    Irish & Business
    French & History
    Art History

Gonna be some laugh!

• Advertisement

dodgystuff wrote: »

Maths & Irish
    Irish & Business
    French & History

Art History

Gonna be some laugh!

OMG you are going to be sooooo tired :eek:
    I had a full day yesterday, I slept around 12 hours in total between naps/bedtime sleep/falling asleep for 2 1/2 hours while supposed to be cramming this morning....

History is going to be stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

dodgystuff wrote: »

Maths & Irish
    Irish & Business
    French & History
    Art History

Gonna be some laugh!
    Pretty much the same for me. French, History, and biology the next morning. 300 points in the space of about 27 hours.. fun...

We dont do an triail, we do peig, cause we're special *rolls eyes*

An Triail is great , hilarious cuz no one understands it in class

Teacher - " so yeah at the end of the play she clogs up the keyholes of her room with rags , turns on the gas and puts her babys head in the oven , along with herself of course"

Class - "miss come on , what actually happened? "

I'm gonna miss those classes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

doing culu eacanomiocht,bochtanais,fadhbanna daoine oga, and sport...

paper 2.. done them all except bean og.. thinkin maybe clare sa speir or lig sin i gcathu?

poetry..prayin that cead drama,uirchill an chreagain , an t-oilean or oiche nollaig will come up

pass poems.. thinkin maybe jack or nil aon ni?
    trial hopefully fimineacht.. can kinda tie that in with easpa chriostiocht

stair na gaeilge? after the stunt they pulled las yr... whos knows???

culu eacanomiocht,bochtanais,fadhbanna daoine oga, and sport.

When you say sport what do you mean? We've done about the importance of sport , obesity etc , dya think you would be coverd with that if sport came up?

And sure if bochtanas comes up , wouldnt you be able to mention politicians / dole / economy + drugs + alcohol blame the government etc?

what kind of things do you learn for pros?? for poetry i usually learn téama, príomhsmaointe, mothúcháin, friotal, íomhánna, atmaiféar, dúlra/dathanna/chríostaíocht(depends what poem) and mo thuaraimí féin but as far as pros go I dont know what I should be learning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

i have done. polateoiri, culu, bochtanais, mean cumarsaide, imirce, spoirt, an timshaol, daoine oga! hope i can bring up something :cool:

what kind of things do you learn for pros?? for poetry i usually learn téama, príomhsmaointe, mothúcháin, friotal, íomhánna, atmaiféar, dúlra/dathanna/chríostaíocht(depends what poem) and mo thuaraimí féin but as far as pros go I dont know what I should be learning..
    Jayzz you could write a whole novel with all that!

I just learn general phrases that i can work into any answer ,

" Seasann Clare a fod , D''fhag Eoin an teach gan pog a thabhairt da bhean cheile - leirionn se seo duinn go bhfuil an gaol eatarthu ag teip "

( would put in more effort with spelling etc but still wrecked after the first 3 exams!)

Clare Sa Speir possible question = tension in the family , modern family life ,
    ( for clare the questions are usually very similar )

Fiche Bliain possible questions = theme of youth and innocence , differences between now and then , how young people couldnt relate to the story

I'd say if you could answer those questions you'd be sorted!

thanking you!

i've done the importance of sport nd a i have an essay about how sport is so corrupted!

• Advertisement

ah right , something about being "macanta" could come up like last year "things that make me happy" It would probably throw a lot of people off but you could mention all the corruption in politics/celtic tiger / use of drugs and alcohol / corruption in sport lack of honesty etc =)

id love if fadhbanna daoine oga came up..! loads you can write about that..!
    and bochtainas cause its really topical ... people remember we have the option of the alt nd dispoireacht too...! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

All my essays end up the same- the government and politicians have no interest, the problem is gone out of control and is contributing to the suicides of students. haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'm good at playing around with irish so if i learn FABHANNA SOISIALTA off and an essay on sport i should be able to bend it into any essay...

i'll learn a few phrases about politics in case... but then otherwise everything can be related back to fabhanna soisialta can't it.... i hope... i'm screwed otherwise..

i still have to learn all paper 2 yet

U can use the old reliable fadbanna for really any essay as long as you relate it ,

Last year it was " celtic tiger is gone" - you could write about how all the fadbhanna have increased because of this! Just look over the past papers and you'l realise you can fit it into alot of topics...

Even if your stuck with a title like this from 2009 "things that make me happy" - drugs / alochol / corrupt politicians getting punished / dealers getting put in jail = It works everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

" Seasann Clare a fod , D''fhag Eoin an teach gan pog a thabhairt da bhean cheile - leirionn se seo duinn go bhfuil an gaol eatarthu ag teip "

That has Clare Grealy written all over it!

That has Clare Grealy written all over it!
    Ha my friends have her , but im not in the institute!
    What are her tips this year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Neither am I, I just did the easter course there coz i'm a couple of years outta school. Didn't find her great tbh. Anyway, her predictions are...

20 Bliain ag Fás
    Clare (Neither on last year)

An Bhean Óg (Never compulsory before)

Lig Sinn I gCathú (Main Characters)

Cearrbhach Mac Cába (On all the bloody time)

For poetry she was big on...An chéad Drama, Níl aon Ní, Maigdiléana, Úrchill, Jack, Gealt

While I'm here I may as well ask, could any possibly provide me with a summary/sample answer type thing on an Bhean Óg and/or Magdiléana please? They were least likely when I did the LC so I never touched them, haven't got a book this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

Im writing out an essay on politicians anyway cos there always fairly topical...Has anyone any ideas of topics I could write about for politicans?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjaface

anyone else think something about health or swine flu? very topical last summer and papers were written in november ..

siopa cinn could also come up though. they can change the papers. for example haiti earthquake jan 2010 was on our geography paper this year

or how about ireland and europe? because of lisbon treaty ..

Advertisement