Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

E3 XBLA blowout sale

• 10-06-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

http://ie.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/109/1096260p1.html
    Microsoft is giving you plenty of reason to hop on the old Xbox 360 and try out a few Xbox Live Arcade games during the week of E3. All of last year's Summer of Arcade games will be on sale as the Xbox Live Deal of the Week. The company will also be running an Inventory Blowout Sale on nearly 20 other titles.

The Xbox Live Deal of the Week discounts are only available to Xbox Live Gold Members. It begins June 14. Here is that set of deals:

Shadow Complex
    Normal Price: 1200
    DOTW Price: 560

Trials HD

Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Normal Price:1200

TMNT Turtles in Time HD
    Normal Price: 800
    DOTW Price: 400

Splosion Man
    DOTW Price: 400

Also running from June 16 to June 22 is the Blowout Sale. Here is that set of discounts:

A Kingdom for Keflings
    Blow out Price: 400

Alien Hominid HD

Banjo Tooie
    Blow out Price: 800

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Bomberman LIVE

Braid

Castle Crashers

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Contra
    Normal Price: 400
    Blow out Price: 240

Crystal Defenders

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Magic the Gathering

N+

Panzer General

Portal

TMNT: 1989 Arcade
    Normal Price: 400
    Blow out Price: 240

Uno Rush

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

Zombie Apocalypse

Wow some amazing deals there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

If anyone doesn't have Shadow Complex they'd be absolute mad not to pick it up for that price. 'Splosion Man too.

I'm really hoping that they announce Shadow Complex 2 at E3. The first took 9 months to make so there's no reason it couldn't be out this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

NotorietyH wrote: »
    If anyone doesn't have Shadow Complex they'd be absolute mad not to pick it up for that price. 'Splosion Man too.

I'm really hoping that they announce Shadow Complex 2 at E3. The first took 9 months to make so there's no reason it couldn't be out this summer.

I doubt sc2 will be coming out any time soon,cliffy b has 2 different big titles coming out over the next half a year so id say all their effort will be on gow3 and the outher one,cant remember the name but its meant to be like burnout fps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

shadow complex and trials hd for less than 1200 points is an absolute steal, the 2 games i enjoyed the most of all last year including retail games. i still play trials from time to time and really enjoyed beating shadow complex.

buy buy buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Very interesting! Might have to look into getting a few while they're going cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lot's of these were already deals of the week in the last while, but now I have an excuse for Trials, shadow complex , and splosion man :)

• Advertisement

Fol20 wrote: »
    I doubt sc2 will be coming out any time soon,cliffy b has 2 different big titles coming out over the next half a year so id say all their effort will be on gow3 and the outher one,cant remember the name but its meant to be like burnout fps

Do you mean Bulletstorm? That's being developed by People Can Fly through Epic, and Chair developed Shadow Complex so I'm still hopeful of a Shadow Complex 2 anouncement. I haven't heard of the Chair team doing anything since, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

So annoyed, I only bought Trials last week for 1200 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just Portal and Vandal Hearts for me there. I already have most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

These deals are for Gold Subscribers only...

Does anyone think/ know if a person on a silver account who then used a 48hour gold trial could avail of these offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Gold is gold as far as I'm aware. When I was scraping by on trial subs I showed as a Gold member, nothing different about my account from when it was a fully paid up Gold

• Advertisement

niallon wrote: »
    Gold is gold as far as I'm aware. When I was scraping by on trial subs I showed as a Gold member, nothing different about my account from when it was a fully paid up Gold

Thanks man, I'm liking Banjo Tooie & possibly 1989 TMNT for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

These deals are for Gold Subscribers only...

Does anyone think/ know if a person on a silver account who then used a 48hour gold trial could avail of these offers?
    Tried that before and didn't work :(

Tried that before and didn't work :(

Ah well at least you saved me from wasting a trial. nice one dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

****. just played the trial and now as a result of that I'm addicted to shadow complex. Have to wait until tomorrow to get the full version :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

there are some fantastic deals there alright. I missed on Trials HD last time it went on sale so will defo be picking that up this time. Also gonna grab Castlevania.

Anyone looking for any 1 game to get then I'd strongly recommend Shadow Complex. It is an absolute cracker of a game and easily one of the finest available on XBLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

this thread title brought back fond memories of GTA and AmmuNation's "blowout sale!" adverts :D

djkeogh wrote: »
    Anyone looking for any 1 game to get then I'd strongly recommend Shadow Complex. It is an absolute cracker of a game and easily one of the finest available on XBLA.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll have heard that Shadow Complex 2 is imminent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just a reminder. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Bought 'Splosion Man & Trials HD so far, might grab some more points to get Shadow Complex before the offers are up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got Trials, and I am considering 'Splosion Man, as I enjoyed Cloning Clyde (the only Arcade game I have 200pts in, bar that crappy Doritos one).

Might save my points for the upcoming summer of arcade though. Have a feeling those ones will be the 1200 point ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Does this sale end tomorrow or is it continuing over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Asmodean wrote: »
    Does this sale end tomorrow or is it continuing over the weekend?

Till the 23rd if I recall.

Advertisement