Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove odour from couch

• 10-06-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,
    Had couches professionally cleaned after been in storage.
    Since though there is a strong smell from them. I think it's from the cleaning fluid they used. Any ideas how to rid of the smell?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Krispie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Had couches professionally cleaned after been in storage.
    Since though there is a strong smell from them. I think it's from the cleaning fluid they used. Any ideas how to rid of the smell?
    Thanks

Bad smell or chemical smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Snyper,
    It's like a chemical smell, i.e. the smell from the detergent used or similar.
    Have tried hovvering / bread soda / Branded Air Freshener sprays and warm water clean. No joy.
    Thanks
    Krispie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

you could use a steamcleaner. they cost from 50 - 300 euro. shop around. argos etc would stock them. the steam will lift the smell. handy to have for cleaning rug stains, curtains blinds tiles, the list is endless. will kill a lot of the bugs thatlive where we sleep.

Advertisement