Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for a topper/mower which is best

• 10-06-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

i am looking for a mower to mow my own silage roughly about 30 acers a year and need it to have topper skids to top aswell what are best only have 85 hp landaini

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Buy a disc mower..No need for skids then!You should have enough power for a 7ft 6.We run a 7ft 6 on our case 4230 and it's no bother to the tractor
    Theres lely,taarup,kunh,fort.
    What's your budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

pajero12 wrote: »
    Buy a disc mower..No need for skids then!You should have enough power for a 7ft 6.We run a 7ft 6 on our case 4230 and it's no bother to the tractor
    Theres lely,taarup,kunh,fort.
    What's your budget!
    Sorry pajero i agree i would definitly recommend the lely taarup and kuhn dont know bout the Fort heard some bad reports about them. Are they not the same as Morro heard some bad things about them:rolleyes::rolleyes:

agrostar wrote: »
    Sorry pajero i agree i would definitly recommend the lely taarup and kuhn dont know bout the Fort heard some bad reports about them. Are they not the same as Morro heard some bad things about them:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well we have a Fort ourselves.Apparently there's a lely bed in them.It never gave us any bother anyway(Although we never worked it too strenuously) We cut about 60 acres a year and have had it 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dryan

Have the Fort disc mower myself too. Have to admit that i am mighty pleased with the machine considering what it cost me (new) over 6 years ago. I use it for my own mowing and topping (>100 acres a year in all). The only thing i have had to replace is a set of blades. A few lads in my area have them. all happy with them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

dryan wrote: »
    Have the Fort disc mower myself too. Have to admit that i am mighty pleased with the machine considering what it cost me (new) over 6 years ago. I use it for my own mowing and topping (>100 acres a year in all). The only thing i have had to replace is a set of blades. A few lads in my area have them. all happy with them too.

i have a 7`6" fort mower since 2003 and its been very reliable but has a very poor paint finish. the bed is far heavier than that of the taarup or kuhn.
    they are better suited to topping than for cutting silage .

• Advertisement

mossfort wrote: »
    i have a 7`6" fort mower since 2003 and its been very reliable but has a very poor paint finish. the bed is far heavier than that of the taarup or kuhn.
    they are better suited to topping than for cutting silage .

Yep our paint is rusted and blistered to f*ck!
    Why do you say that? We cut 15 acres this evening with it....no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

had a fort before noting wrong with it changed to a maragon 8 ft and cut /top around 600acres a year with it on my landini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭germanicus

Don't discount claas. they make a nice disk mower - we've been running one for a number of years without any bother

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tom C

i bought a malone disc mower 7ft last summer very good job no ploblems bought it of a mc corry agri place very good value for money i had got a southern vat number so didnt have to pay vat saved a few pounds badly needed

Advertisement