Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you write the examiner a note

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

shblob wrote: »
    Oh dear at the end of a question isn't gonna help! at the end of the day, YOU ARE A NUMBER to the examiners!

I know that, it kinda happened reflexively xP

aine92 wrote: »
    OMG! Me neither, and they're my favourite thing in the world, I was close to crying with frustration!!
    Wow, the whole world? Never met anyone who likes complex numbers that much. :P

Sorry you struggled with it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

In the maths paper, a friend of mine wrote a big long paragraph explaining how he was full sure that the question was written wrong on the exam paper and how the equation would work out fine if the was a 6x instead.. :rolleyes:

Needless to say he felt like a twat when he came out and I showed him what he did wrong :P

Danger781 wrote: »
    In the maths paper, a friend of mine wrote a big long paragraph explaining how he was full sure that the question was written wrong on the exam paper and how the equation would work out fine if the was a 6x instead.. :rolleyes:

Needless to say he felt like a twat when he came out and I showed him what he did wrong :P
    Haha it would be a pretty collossal mistake if the SEC had a question that didn't work on the paper after all the checks and reviews etc!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Reminds me of my physics mock. The question was something 'an experiment to show electric field strength' and it's supposed to be that mini experiment about those seeds that line up or something.

I blanked, so I wrote "It's actually quite obvious - if you touch an electric field, and it doesn't shock you, it isn't strong, but an electric field that does shock you is stronger". It was corrected by my teacher - he gave me a big fat 0 and a "Nice try Tim!"

• Advertisement

Reminds me of my physics mock. The question was something 'an experiment to show electric field strength' and it's supposed to be that mini experiment about those seeds that line up or something.

I blanked, so I wrote "It's actually quite obvious - if you touch an electric field, and it doesn't shock you, it isn't strong, but an electric field that does shock you is stronger". It was corrected by my teacher - he gave me a big fat 0 and a "Nice try Tim!"

For History in a class test we had, we got asked what was the cold war. I had pretty much slept through that whole week..

I went for the logical option and said it was a war in a cold place.. :rolleyes:

I always forget those demonstration experiments. Probably because they never worked in my class xD

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I always forget those demonstration experiments. Probably because they never worked in my class xD

They never work for us as well. Physics experiments never work - it's a joke. The only experiment that worked perfectly for us was Boyles Law :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    I left a note in English two...Like near the end of my King Lear Q *Sorry i ran out of time, it was a big rush!* :P
    why would you write that instead of more about king lear seeing as the latter may actually get you some points:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

adamski8 wrote: »
    why would you write that instead of more about king lear seeing as the latter may actually get you some points:confused:

Cause she had already told us to stop writing. Squeezed in another sentence of lear and then scribbled it... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

Conor108 wrote: »
    I said my name was John Smith. Classic fake name can't go wrong :)

I used the same name for the same question.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    :D same! same ques and all! WE MUST TALK :D:D:D haha
    I also did the same...
    It's stupid really, No matter what name you throw down they could figure it was your real name! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

There was someone in my school a few years back who only studied Heaney for the poetry and was pretty confident that it was a sure thing for him to up. Surprise, surprise Heaney didnt come up. So, in his anger he wrote 'WHERE THE F*CK IS SEAMUS HEANY' all over his exam booklet... He did not do well in English :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Our principal was telling us of a student in his last school. Wrote a profane essay about his teacher, Dept rejected it and sent it back to the school!

I didnt think it possible but our principal isnt the BSing type.

Our principal was telling us of a student in his last school. Wrote a profane essay about his teacher, Dept rejected it and sent it back to the school!

I didnt think it possible but our principal isnt the BSing type.

Ahahahaha! owned :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

In my J.C which was over 4 years ago now i thanked the examiner for correcting my exam at the end of it. Thinking back it was a pretty stupid thing to do as it done absolutely no good or harm.

To say they'll cancel your script is just pure lies. They'll only cancel what you've handed in if you've offended them majorly via a personal threat, money taped into the booklet, or if you as someone mentioned included your email in order to contact the examiner.

I'm sure that by saying ''I need a b3 for college'' won't get your script cancelled but DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, JUST DON'T DO IT.

Examiners are professional enough to distinguish between bribes and just basic manners and the like.

Hope this helps i done my LC last year and got high 400's in points so anythings possible.:D

Good luck to all of you in the rest of your exams. It's not as bad as it's hyped up to be but what i will say is i don't envy you lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

I don't think you're allowed to, I'm pretty sure they report it. And apparently they're pretty picky about writing in that margin on the right. I was tempted to write something on my disgust about no Boland, but thought, that would be childish and gay.:P

And also,

Someone has actually done that?

My dad used to do the corrections and he said he got a five pound note in one once with a note saying "please pass me". he failed tho! but I don't think gis paper got reported, then again, a older time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

THIS is one of the best threads i have ever read, thank you for taking my mind off the next few exams XD

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Im defo puttin a lil footnote at the end of the Applied Maths exam....Ive been in honours all year but im lookin at doin the pass paper...something do that effect, maybe a joke about App Maths bein the last exam too:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think I wrote something like "Question 2 at end of booklet and Q5 after Q3 - Sorry!" in my Biology exam because I did the questions in such a weird order and was terrified I hadn't made it clear enough.

LOL at people actually sticking money in the booklet! I know we all joke about it but ffs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dark Eyes

Does anyone know what would happen if you forgot to write your calculator number and type for your math exam? They wouldn't deduct marks would they?

Dark Eyes wrote: »
    Does anyone know what would happen if you forgot to write your calculator number and type for your math exam? They wouldn't deduct marks would they?

its supposed to stop people using programmable calculators/ones with momery banks etc but tbh id say it happens so often they couldn give a shíte...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Kersmash wrote: »
    Imagine actually having that name :pac: (John Smith)
    My Classics teachers' name is John Smith. Not messing :P

chillian17 wrote: »
    My Classics teachers' name is John Smith. Not messing :P

Guy who races motocross at same track as me is called John Smith...

Well technically its Jonathan....and it's Smyth with a y...

....close enough though!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭chillian17

Guy who races motocross at same track as me is called John Smith...

Well technically its Jonathan....and it's Smyth with a y...

....close enough though!
    My classics teacher wouldn't accept that, "Jonathan Smyth". No no no :P

Yano I think I heard that John Smith wasn't actually the most common full name. Just John is the most common first name and Smith is the most common second name, but together there isn't too many :P haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

gaffocarl wrote: »
    haha thats not a fake name.. ive got a friend called john smith!

Haha, same as...

Well my maths paper was covered in notes describing to the examiner what I was doing. It was so messy that I never had a chance to tidy it up really and so all I could do was write notes explaining myself.

And the good old "ran out of time" line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

There was a french comprehension(OL) about Jeremy Toulalan and there was a question about his attributes or something of the sort and I went and said he's simple and works hard blah blah then I had off topic: Very unlike Thierry Henry who's a cheat and does anything to win. :pac: Hope the examiner has a sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

shblob wrote: »
    Oh dear at the end of a question isn't gonna help! at the end of the day, YOU ARE A NUMBER to the examiners!

TRUE!!!!
    I'm an examiner. Notes of any kind are so irritating, for your own sake, please don't write anything!! Each script is just a n umber and they're marked twice anyway so u can't get a higher mark for "trying to be nice"!! Hope i don't sound rude saying that, but it's the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

teacher30 wrote: »
    TRUE!!!!
    I'm an examiner. Notes of any kind are so irritating, for your own sake, please don't write anything!! Each script is just a n umber and they're marked twice anyway so u can't get a higher mark for "trying to be nice"!! Hope i don't sound rude saying that, but it's the truth

omg its so rude and impolite of yous xd :P

:pac: @ @ @ @ @ @

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

teacher30 wrote: »
    TRUE!!!!

And my number is .... and have a 50 note:P

Advertisement