Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transport from Greystones to Wicklow?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I'll be dropping my car into a Greystones garage sometime soon and will need to be able to get back to Wicklow town that day, then go back to collect the car the next day. What's my best option - bus or train? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's no direct bus, nearest Bus Eireann stop is on the N11 at Kilpedder - you could arrange a cab from there to Greystones maybe (ciaran67 on here is a cabbie).

train is obviously handier, but not that frequent - irishrail.ie will give you the timetable.

are there no garages in Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

loyatemu wrote: »
    there's no direct bus, nearest Bus Eireann stop is on the N11 at Kilpedder - you could arrange a cab from there to Greystones maybe (ciaran67 on here is a cabbie).

train is obviously handier, but not that frequent - irishrail.ie will give you the timetable.

Thought it might be a little difficult... train might be the way to go unless I can get them to fix it while I wait.

There are no garages in Wicklow that are as highly recommended as Davis Bros (on here anyway), and Wicklow garages aren't that cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loyatemu wrote: »

Did someone say cab!

PM if you need me Auscast, i'll do you a deal.

(thks Loyatemu)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Thanks Ciaran67,
    Looks like I found a better deal to get it fixed in Dublin, but if I need you I'll pm you for sure. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement