Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know it has been asked a 1000 times Attic Conversion

• 10-06-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have searched many threads on both boards and AAM.
    I have a 3 bed semi d exact same as this one
    http://kellyco.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?s[agent_id]=661&id=462765

I would like to get my attic converted to sitting room will probably be a bedroom later on in life.

I'm looking to get the work done for a reasonable price thinking no more that 10k.

Basically don't need a bathroom up there. Would like a door to access it and stop sound travelling

Can any one recommend a good reasonable builder in Rush who could price this for me.

I have contact 2 builders now for a quote to see what they come back with

Would appreciate any replys

Thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Hi,

I have searched many threads on both boards and AAM.
    I have a 3 bed semi d exact same as this one
    http://kellyco.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?s[agent_id]=661&id=462765

I would like to get my attic converted to sitting room will probably be a bedroom later on in life.

I'm looking to get the work done for a reasonable price thinking no more that 10k.

Basically don't need a bathroom up there. Would like a door to access it and stop sound travelling

Can any one recommend a good reasonable builder in Rush who could price this for me.

I have contact 2 builders now for a quote to see what they come back with

Would appreciate any replys

Thanks again

You will need an engineer to sign off on it. Why not look one up in your area and ask which builder he would recommend. That way you have a better chance of getting a lad with a good reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you get a good job done for anything less than 15k i would be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I've got one quote back for 14K, seems I may be able to better. I think I'll do the flooring and painting myself. For the electrics could I just wire it from a plug downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

My mate does all this sort of stuff. well he did alot of work for me in the past and has become my mate now. He has also done an attic conversion for a guy that I work with recently and got 4 more in the same estate after it was done. Tell him dermot gave you his address. PM me if you need and i'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have. His name is Fintan and here is a link to him..

http://www.pickapro.ie/builder/FJB+Construction+Ltd/

Advertisement