Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piching out the tips of tomatos

Options
  • 10-06-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

I only have cloches for growing my more delicate veg in, last year I grew a tcloche full of a short bush variety of tomatos. This year I haven't been able to grow my own plants (last year of college so was up the walls) so I bought some different varieties from various farmers markets and car boots sales etc. I have them in my tunnels now and my plan is to pinch the tops out when they get to the height of my cloche (it's only a few feet) in the hopes that they will branch out sideways instead. Am I kidding myself or does this stand a chance of actually working?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If the plants are putting out side shoots now (before you pinch out the tips) they should be fine.

Advertisement