Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build mother boards

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

hi there, i've been doing a tonne of reading and researching and i am looking for a motherboard for a mid range pc, want to overclock and i5 750 but i cant decide on whether or not its better to go with msi, gigabyte or asus. I know everyone has there own choice or preference and some steer clear of asus for one reason or another, i have been looking about the €170 mark as i want sata 6gb and usb 3 to take advantage of that tech when its more readily available... so far i am caught between the p55 ud4, msi gd65 or the asus pro/deluxe. can anyone sway me one way or tudder:)

i will be running a 650 psu (antec tp new) and saphire radeon 4850 ( untill i get a 5850) and prob going for ocz platinum cl7 ram 2*2gb

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I like MSI but I think the GA-P55(A) mobos are the least troublesome for LGA1156.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

hi there, i've been doing a tonne of reading and researching and i am looking for a motherboard for a mid range pc, want to overclock and i5 750 but i cant decide on whether or not its better to go with msi, gigabyte or asus. I know everyone has there own choice or preference and some steer clear of asus for one reason or another, i have been looking about the €170 mark as i want sata 6gb and usb 3 to take advantage of that tech when its more readily available... so far i am caught between the p55 ud4, msi gd65 or the asus pro/deluxe. can anyone sway me one way or tudder:)

i will be running a 650 psu (antec tp new) and saphire radeon 4850 ( untill i get a 5850) and prob going for ocz platinum cl7 ram 2*2gb

In relation to Gigabyte mobos, UNLESS you need the extra PCIe x16 slots for gfx cards, then there's no mega advantage to buying a UD4/5/6 etc over a UD2/3 for over-clocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

In relation to Gigabyte mobos, UNLESS you need the extra PCIe x16 slots for gfx cards, then there's no mega advantage to buying a UD4/5/6 etc over a UD2/3 for over-clocking.

good to know unregistered, thanks, was leaving myself open to do crossfire in the future, wither with a second 4850 in the interim b4 forkong out for a radeon 5seris card

Advertisement