Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Season Ticket 209 pounds

• 11-06-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Was just over in the Lake District today and heard an ad on local radio, Blackburn are selling season tickets for STG209, the ad said it works out at 11 pounds a game.

Sounds like a bargain for the neutral who just wants to watch Premier League football for a cheap price. There's also good access from a number of airports in that area of England.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Serious value alright. But its Big Sam, hence the cheapness.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

flahavaj wrote: »
    Serious value alright. But its Big Sam, hence the cheapness.:pac:

Yeah . value of the football work sout at about £2 per game.

RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Great value - purchased a Rovers season ticket last year and it was a great purchase! I'm not a rovers fan, but I still got to see all the big teams play, and with cheap ryanair flights booked in advance its a bargain! Il buy another one, whenever I return to the green green grass of home!!

Having said that - the mighty rovers are playing in Sydney this summer! GO ON FAT SAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Great value - purchased a Rovers season ticket last year and it was a great purchase! I'm not a rovers fan, but I still got to see all the big teams play, and with cheap ryanair flights booked in advance its a bargain! Il buy another one, whenever I return to the green green grass of home!!

Having said that - the mighty rovers are playing in Sydney this summer! GO ON FAT SAM

Which airport did you use and how long does it take to get to Ewood from it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

RATM wrote: »
    Which airport did you use and how long does it take to get to Ewood from it ?
    Manchester, train to Bolton, then train to Blackburn. Approx 1 hour 40 mins to Blackburn from Manchester, you can get lucky and make it in an hour sometimes. Ewood Park is no distance from the train station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,445 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Awaiting this thread to disintegrate into the inevitable LOI v Barstoolers muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Awaiting this thread to disintegrate into the inevitable LOI v Barstoolers muck

You couldn't have 'awaited' it in silence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Im seriously confused as to why someone would spend a couple of hundred quid, plus flights/food/etc to sit with fans of a team they dont support in order to watch the Sky Sports 4.

Surely that money would be better spent on whatever club you do support? Be that and English club or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Eirebear wrote: »
    Im seriously confused as to why someone would spend a couple of hundred quid, plus flights/food/etc to sit with fans of a team they dont support in order to watch the Sky Sports 4.

Surely that money would be better spent on whatever club you do support? Be that and English club or not?

Well there are some fans out there who consider themselves neutral and just want to watch quality football played by quality players.

I myself support Liverpool but because my g'friend lives in London I have actually been to White Hart Lane and the Emirates more often than Anfield- I don't mind who is playing- I just want to see an entertaining game. You may not get that a whole lot with the Blackburn team but this season ticket offers the opportunity for the neutral to go to Premier League games for 11 quid a pop.
    For those who just want to watch good football its an attractive option

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

RATM wrote: »
    Well there are some fans out there who consider themselves neutral and just want to watch quality football played by quality players.

I myself support Liverpool but because my g'friend lives in London I have actually been to White Hart Lane and the Emirates more often than Anfield- I don't mind who is playing- I just want to see an entertaining game. You may not get that a whole lot with the Blackburn team but this season ticket offers the opportunity for the neutral to go to Premier League games for 11 quid a pop.
    For those who just want to watch good football its an attractive option

Exactly!! It's premiership football and its great craic at the games. And believe me, it works out very cheap. The most expensive flights we purchased we Ryanair return were under 40 Euros - nothing! We had a couple for under 10 Euros return. And we use to fly into any of the following airports and rent a car - Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester. With a car its less than 1 hour from each and between the 4 of us each weekend worked out very cheap. Fernhurst hotel across the road from ewood - 55 sterling a night and thats a room with 3 beds, ensuite, sky sports AND the official away supporters club,

Its a weekend away with the lads watching premiership football, for approx 100 Euros including flights, car rental, match ticket & accomodation. I dont understand people not understanding us! Best deal going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

They would have to pay me to watch them play every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

jamesozzie wrote: »

Its a weekend away with the lads watching premiership football, for approx 100 Euros including flights, car rental, match ticket & accomodation.[/I] I dont understand people not understanding us! Best deal going

And what about the lapdancers, the hookers and the cocaine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

And what about the lapdancers, the hookers and the cocaine?

PM sent

;)

Advertisement