Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about bets on a site versus in the shop

• 11-06-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid and someone would be able to help me on this.

I've been having a look around at some of the offers on sites for the World Cup. Like the look of a few of the bets but most of them are fairly out there bets that I am assuming would not be advertised in the shop.

My question is can you bet in the shop on an outcome you saw on their website even if it isn't shown on the screen or on a poster in the actual shop. Bear in mind I would like to stay as far away from setting up an online account as possible for various reasons.

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Nearly sure all or most bookies will give you the prices on the net in a shop.
    Some have shop only specials so they won't be online but nearly sure any online specials can be done in a shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid and someone would be able to help me on this.

I've been having a look around at some of the offers on sites for the World Cup. Like the look of a few of the bets but most of them are fairly out there bets that I am assuming would not be advertised in the shop.

My question is can you bet in the shop on an outcome you saw on their website even if it isn't shown on the screen or on a poster in the actual shop. Bear in mind I would like to stay as far away from setting up an online account as possible for various reasons.

That is all.

theres that many markets online that they would never
    be able to advertise them all in shop.
    take paddy power for example...they had 52 markets on the world cup.
    the staff in all pp shops for one have internet access so no problem there
    or with most decent bookies getting any online price.

Advertisement